Brother does not care for mum's feelings :/

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
My brother is getting married soon and is moving out. My mum, however, wants to live with him. This is very common in ethnic minority families; have a joint family. My parents are divorced so she won't have anywhere else to go after I get married too but my brother is dead set on her not moving in, at least not now. Because our dad was so toxic, she suffered and sacrificed a lot for us, so she feels quite betrayed. My brother is only 22, turning 23, and it's not as if he found the love of his life that he is getting married, but because he wants intimacy. His reasoning behind marriage isn't great in my opinion. If I got married, I'd want my mum to live with me (she's 55, so she'll probably be 60 then and I definitely do not want her living alone with all the issues she has), but that would be dependent on where I live after marriage (if I live in a joint family for example).

I honestly don't know what to do. I tried talking to my brother but he won't budge. He has the right to live his life, but it's sad to see that my mum has done so much, more than I can write here, but he doesn't care- he essentially wants to get married for sex to be very honest, despite not having much (money wise etc).

Because of this, my mum has become noticeably more sad and depressed. He's the only son and the eldest.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Who does she live with now?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Who does she live with now?
All of us
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
All of us
Then what does it matter that your brother would move out? She would still be in the house with you guys...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (66)
19.08%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.74%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.91%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.18%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.81%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.12%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.76%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.31%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.73%

Watched Threads