The Student Room Group

PgDip funding

Hello,

I have been offered a place on a Masters course, which has the option to complete a PGDip after two years or a MA after 3 years part time.

I only need to do the PGDip, does this mean I would not be eligible for the Gov masters loan.

If not, is there any other Gov loans for PGDip?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Fweaver
Hello,

I have been offered a place on a Masters course, which has the option to complete a PGDip after two years or a MA after 3 years part time.

I only need to do the PGDip, does this mean I would not be eligible for the Gov masters loan.

If not, is there any other Gov loans for PGDip?

Thank you :smile:

The PG Masters loan is only available if you're studying towards a masters degree.

If you were to enrol on the 3 year course and then leave after 2 years with the PGDip then you'll have received 2/3 of the total masters loan (and that's a perfectly fine route to take). It would make you ineligible for another masters loan later on but as long as you start the course with the intention to complete the masters and notify SFE when you formally withdraw with the PGDip then that's perfectly within the rules.

I know a few students who've done something similar (and most have actually ended up deciding to finish the final year and get their full masters degree in the end)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending