itz1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I would like to know peoples thoughts on which is the better choice as I am stuck.
Both are Msc
Management (International Business) at Bristol
International Business at Exeter

My career aspirations are to work in a successful multinational or management consultancy.

I understand that Bristol is more urban and and Exeter has a student campus, however I am stuck as to which is more prestigious and targeted.

Thank you very much.
pineapplemango
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In terms of prestige, I am gonna say Bristol.
Bristol also has a great international reputation, if you are looking to work in a multinational company. Not as many people have heard of Exeter outside the UK (although some have).

However, they are both great universities and you will get an excellent education from both. I would look into the courses offered for your programme at both universities and see which ones resonate with you and what you want to do more.
itz1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by pineapplemango)
In terms of prestige, I am gonna say Bristol.
Bristol also has a great international reputation, if you are looking to work in a multinational company. Not as many people have heard of Exeter outside the UK (although some have).

However, they are both great universities and you will get an excellent education from both. I would look into the courses offered for your programme at both universities and see which ones resonate with you and what you want to do more.
Thank you very much, it seems that the modules are much broader and more relevant at Exeter and the rankings for business and management are higher than that of Bristol however as you say Bristol seems to be more prestigious.
pineapplemango
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by itz1)
Thank you very much, it seems that the modules are much broader and more relevant at Exeter and the rankings for business and management are higher than that of Bristol however as you say Bristol seems to be more prestigious.
In that case I would go with Exeter! If this was a comparison between something like Oxford and University of Bolton where they are on the complete opposite ends of the rankings I wouldnt think twice about going for the more prestigious one. But in this case the universities are pretty much ranked equally, and Exeter does have a really good reputation as well and is known to be somewhat prestigious On some rankings Exeter even ranks higher, although Bristol is known to be slightly more prestigious and well-known. I am fairly certain you will get pretty much the same job opportunities from either one, so there is not much difference in that. So I think I personally would prioritize what modules are more relevant to what you want to do, but you will undoubtedly get a great education from either one. Good luck choosing!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (137)
4.77%
Uncertainty around my education (422)
14.7%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (323)
11.25%
Lack of purpose or motivation (402)
14.01%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (128)
4.46%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (176)
6.13%
Loneliness (248)
8.64%
Financial worries (105)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (117)
4.08%
Exposure to negative news/social media (131)
4.56%
Lack of real life entertainment (154)
5.37%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (255)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (272)
9.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed