The Student Room Group

Student Finance Long Residency Eligibility

On the UKCISA website, I read the eligibility for Long Residency and I meet all. However, I want to get clarification on one point, I’ll copy and paste it below.

(c) you must have been ordinarily resident in the UK and Islands throughout the three-year period preceding the first day of the first academic year of the course; and

(d) your residence in the UK and Islands must not have been, during any part of the period referred to in paragraph (c), wholly or mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education

I meet the requirement for C, however in regards to D, if we go back 3 years from 01/09/21, it would have been 01/09/18, I had just turned 16 in Aug 2018 & began Sixth From in September so I have been in Full time education in the past 3 years. But that wasn’t my main purpose of living in the U.K. though like I had been living in the U.K. since 2007 and began full time education in 2008 from year 2 and have been in full time education since. So I’ll be fine in terms of this part of the eligibility though, right? I’m worried because I wasn’t eligible last year since I had not been a legal resident for 3 years, but now I am
Anyone ?

I saw someone else do this, so here you go lol

@Sfe @SFE Aaron @SFE Andrew @SFE Ashley @SFE Chanel @SFE Isaac @SFE Dean @Shaun SFE
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by idkwhatnametouse
On the UKCISA website, I read the eligibility for Long Residency and I meet all. However, I want to get clarification on one point, I’ll copy and paste it below.

(c) you must have been ordinarily resident in the UK and Islands throughout the three-year period preceding the first day of the first academic year of the course; and

(d) your residence in the UK and Islands must not have been, during any part of the period referred to in paragraph (c), wholly or mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education

I meet the requirement for C, however in regards to D, if we go back 3 years from 01/09/21, it would have been 01/09/18, I had just turned 16 in Aug 2018 & began Sixth From in September so I have been in Full time education in the past 3 years. But that wasn’t my main purpose of living in the U.K. though like I had been living in the U.K. since 2007 and began full time education in 2008 from year 2 and have been in full time education since. So I’ll be fine in terms of this part of the eligibility though, right? I’m worried because I wasn’t eligible last year since I had not been a legal resident for 3 years, but now I am

Hi there, apologies for the delay in responding. Your time in the UK was not for the purpose of studying so that should be fine based on the information you provided.

Our criteria states:

On the first day of the first academic year (AY) of their course, the student must be either:

under 18 years of age and have lived in the UK for at least 7 years
OR
aged 18 years of age or above and have lived in the UK for at least half their life or 20 years, whichever is the least.

Students applying under the long residence category will also need to:

-be ordinarily resident in England on the first day of the first AY of their course;
-have been ordinarily and lawfully resident in the UK and Islands throughout the 3 year period preceding the first day of the first AY of their course; and
in the 3 years referred to above, not have moved to the UK and Islands wholly or mainly for the purposes of education.

You can view an acceptable list of residency evidence here http://ow.ly/d/8owa

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending