How to go from Tinder to meeting up in person?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
After spending almost a year in lockdown I downloaded Tinder in an effort to meet someone, I matched with a good looking girl and we have been talking for a few weeks now and everything seems to be going well.

We have agreed we will meet up once restrictions are loosened, the only issue is I am nervous about meeting with someone I have met online. I have never done it before and I just want to know how to get past the awkward stage where I have gone from chatting through a screen to chatting in person.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Baby_Stitch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Always meet in a public place and go in with the intention of enjoying yourself. Use this technique instead of putting pressure on yourself.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 days ago
Lucky you got to the talking stage and arranging to meet up.

I must have deleted/redownloaded Tinder 10 times and barely get matches or any chat rip
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Lucky you got to the talking stage and arranging to meet up.

I must have deleted/redownloaded Tinder 10 times and barely get matches or any chat rip
No offense but this isn't about you

To the OP, things will be awkward initially, but assuming you got semi-close with the person you're meeting, things'll be less awkward. As stitch said, go somewhere public in case it's a dangerous person, and talk about the topics you usually speak about via text. Avoid super controversial stuff tho ofc
whitenight674
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
just go and have fun. if you don't like them or don't get on you never have to see them again. just make sure you do something that is chilled like a walk or some drinks, grab some takeaway food and nothing that is going to put too much pressure on anything. remember to not put the person on a pedestal because you have just as much to offer as them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (68)
19.1%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.33%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.78%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.84%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.09%
Taster lectures or seminars (76)
21.35%
Speak to current students studying my course (81)
22.75%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (15)
4.21%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.65%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.25%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
1.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed