rizfah irshad
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hello i have currently applied for criminology at my 5 unis ( uni of manchester being my first choice so far ) and I'm thinking of switching to criminology and politics, is it to late to do this? i haven't studied politics before but it is something I am interested in, I'm just worried I don't know enough stuff right now to be able to do it as a degree.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
All you can do is phone/email the Uni and ask.
If you are certain about the other course, do it now, ie. before they make final offers.
If they can't switch courses, your existing offer will remain.
mike23mike
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A bit late to be switching courses. Since you are moving to a joint honours course then it's possible because you are still going with Criminology. If you wanted to switch to say Law or Chemistry then it would be harder - a different department altogether.

Swapping will make you look like a dipsy la-la and the unis may question your commitment to the course. Given you have zero knowledge about the politics part of the joint programme I really have to question if you have thought this through?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mike23mike)
Swapping will make you look like a dipsy la-la and the unis may question your commitment to the course.
Untrue.
Applicants ask for a change-course for all sorts of reasons and Uni are not bothered by this - and dont 'hold it against' applicants.
Asking for a course switch will have no impact on your overall application - Unis just want to fill courses at this stage, and they have better things to do than to use such a query to interpret an applicant's 'commitment'. .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (75)
4.73%
Uncertainty around my education (243)
15.33%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (174)
10.98%
Lack of purpose or motivation (224)
14.13%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (71)
4.48%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (92)
5.8%
Loneliness (139)
8.77%
Financial worries (56)
3.53%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (71)
4.48%
Exposure to negative news/social media (76)
4.79%
Lack of real life entertainment (82)
5.17%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (137)
8.64%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (145)
9.15%

Watched Threads