Changing insurance from 'low risk' to 'high risk' during middle of policy

Watch
acj23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
My current policy is registered to my university address. It ends next month. This is my last year of uni and my tenancy agreement ends in september.

My home address is in London and has a risk insurance letter of 'F' compared to my university one of 'B'

My question is if i use my university address again then update my details on my policy when i move out. How much will this affect my policy and will the change of address be allowed.

I'd rather not have to cancel my policy and lose x amount of months on no claims.

Many thanks
hotpud
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by acj23)
My current policy is registered to my university address. It ends next month. This is my last year of uni and my tenancy agreement ends in september.

My home address is in London and has a risk insurance letter of 'F' compared to my university one of 'B'

My question is if i use my university address again then update my details on my policy when i move out. How much will this affect my policy and will the change of address be allowed.

I'd rather not have to cancel my policy and lose x amount of months on no claims.

Many thanks
You won't have to cancel your policy. They will just charge you a stomach churning additional charge half way through. If you want to see roughly how much go onto the likes of confused etc and search insurance quotes but for your home address.
acj23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by hotpud)
You won't have to cancel your policy. They will just charge you a stomach churning additional charge half way through. If you want to see roughly how much go onto the likes of confused etc and search insurance quotes but for your home address.
Yeah i assumed that would most likely be the case, from £2000 to £5000 based on an address change...
xDron3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I've found it cheaper to swap or change insurance terms half way through a policy, just call them up and ask.

On comparison sites my new address cost about an extra £500 but called Admiral and they quoted £30 for the rest of the policy (9 months left). Similar experience with adding miles and business miles.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (66)
19.08%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.74%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.91%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.18%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.81%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.12%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.76%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.31%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.73%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.73%

Watched Threads