Can I do an apprenticeship whilst waiting to go to uni?

Watch
Wirefox
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi,

I was recently offered a deferred place by my first choice university, and I was wondering if it is possible to undertake an apprenticeship during the time I now have?
It would be a level 3 apprenticeship (so I would essentially get another A Level at the end), so that shouldn't harm any student funding.
Reading through the university terms and conditions it doesn't explicitly say I cannot pursue another qualification, although this wouldn't be declared on my UCAS and I would obviously let them know what I would be doing so I do not risk jeopardising my place.

I've fallen into a bit of a rut, as I left after completing my first year at a different university due to the course. Since then I have worked a bit, and had various other plans scuppered by Covid (I was meant to spend six months in Japan studying-which is what I should be doing at the moment). I want to do something educational, and I feel like an apprenticeship is a good idea due to both earning and learning.

Can anyone provide any advice?
Thanks
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Wirefox)
Hi,

I was recently offered a deferred place by my first choice university, and I was wondering if it is possible to undertake an apprenticeship during the time I now have?
It would be a level 3 apprenticeship (so I would essentially get another A Level at the end), so that shouldn't harm any student funding.
Reading through the university terms and conditions it doesn't explicitly say I cannot pursue another qualification, although this wouldn't be declared on my UCAS and I would obviously let them know what I would be doing so I do not risk jeopardising my place.

I've fallen into a bit of a rut, as I left after completing my first year at a different university due to the course. Since then I have worked a bit, and had various other plans scuppered by Covid (I was meant to spend six months in Japan studying-which is what I should be doing at the moment). I want to do something educational, and I feel like an apprenticeship is a good idea due to both earning and learning.

Can anyone provide any advice?
Thanks
Apprenticeship levy requirements for funding are that you shouldn’t be enrolled in any other courses.
There is also a risk you wouldn’t finish your competence assessments in time for the new academic year either. Not necessarily due to meeting deadlines yourself, this can also be the case due to employer and training provider factors.
Last edited by Chris2892; 3 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (88)
42.72%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (33)
16.02%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (82)
39.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.46%

Watched Threads