Can I have the covid astrazenica vaccine while on metronidazole/antimicrobials

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I know they'll ask what medications I'm taking but I just got prescribed the medication today after a visit to the Dentist. So I don't know whether to start taking it or wait until after my vaccination.
Gazelleintense
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Yes you can, so you can take the antibiotics as prescribed by your dentist and still have the vaccine. The antibiotics themselves are not a problem.
However if your problem that you have been prescribed antibiotics for is making you unwell or have a fever, you would have to delay your vaccine until you are recovered.
I am a nurse and work at a vaccine centre and we can’t give it if you are unwell and have a fever.
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Start taking it straight away.
Just make sure to tell the doctor/nurse that you’re taking those meds
If the doctor/nurse thinks they’ll interact with the vaccine, they’ll either give you a different brand or tell you to come back when you’re off the meds
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Gazelleintense)
Yes you can, so you can take the antibiotics as prescribed by your dentist and still have the vaccine. The antibiotics themselves are not a problem.
However if your problem that you have been prescribed antibiotics for is making you unwell or have a fever, you would have to delay your vaccine until you are recovered.
I am a nurse and work at a vaccine centre and we can’t give it if you are unwell and have a fever.
Glad to know, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (79)
42.47%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (32)
17.2%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (72)
38.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.61%

Watched Threads