Why is she being so mean to me? (It is pushing me to breaking point)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
There is this girl in our friendship group. We know each other from halls of residence, she lives with a friend and she knows everyone in my house share. She is constantly coming round and sitting in the kitchen with my house mates and we often go to hers and sit in her garden. Last year in halls we hung out quite a lot and became good friends, and yes I do find her quite attractive, but loads of guys do and she doesn't have a problem with any of them liking her, just me. Recently, it is like she has started waging this war on me and I have no idea why. For weeks on end, she has been completely mean to me, ignoring me, when I try to talk to her I just get one word answers, no smiles for me, just frowns. She likes everyone's stuff on FB but never mine. Her attitude has got so bad I'm becoming scared of her. The worst thing is she is mega mega nice to everyone else, especially guys, even total dorks, right in front of me, which makes me feel jealous, and everyone thinks she is the best person ever. Why is she waging this war against me?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
i feel like she likes you
Qxi.xli
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you talked to her about this?
She may just be jealous of you.
Last edited by Qxi.xli; 1 week ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe she dislikes you.
Or has heard some very unpleasant gossip about you, believes it and is trying to punish you
She may be trying to wage a social 'big freeze out' to encourage you to leave the social circles that she frequents and stay far away from her.
Anonymous #1
I messaged her on messenger recently asking her how she was doing but she took ages to respond with a simple I'm okay and then logged out as soon as I logged in, making a conversation impossible. She chats freely and at length to everyone else. I have wanted to talk to her about it, but she is so unapproachable around me and it feels she is always pushing me away from her. The other day she came over. Everyone was in the lounge (six people I think). I had been to get some beers and came in and was in the kitchen and she came in to get a glass, she saw me, I turned to her to try and said hi but she just got the hell out as fast as she could and sat in the lounge with everyone else and ignored me the whole evening, it was awful. I don't know what to do, I'm starting to feel really embarrassed and bad about this.
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why are you trying so hard to talk to her when she clearly doesn't want to talk to you?
Anonymous #1
Because I want our friendship back. The question is why is she doing this.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Strange, perhaps ask one of your friends if they have any idea what going on. Or get one of them to speak to her on your behalf
Last edited by Zarek; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (136)
4.87%
Uncertainty around my education (410)
14.7%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (313)
11.22%
Lack of purpose or motivation (391)
14.01%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (127)
4.55%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (170)
6.09%
Loneliness (243)
8.71%
Financial worries (100)
3.58%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (113)
4.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (129)
4.62%
Lack of real life entertainment (149)
5.34%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (244)
8.75%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (265)
9.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed