student12_34
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I wondered if anyone could give me some advice on which a level I should choose with geography and history as I’m really undecided and I need to choose very soon. Thank you!

RS
Pros- I enjoy it and find it interesting, I would find it the easiest to get the best grade in, predicted 9 at gcse
Cons- I already have loads of humanities/essay subjects with similar skills- i wonder whether I should do something different for a change do I don’t get bored, not seen as the most ‘facilitating/respected’ subject

French
Pros- I really enjoy it and would love to learn a language, would be very useful for the future, a nice contrast from my other subjects, means I could do a year abroad at uni/travel opportunities, a different kind of way of learning/revising, would be a big achievement/very rewarding
Cons- it is one of my hardest subjects, I got a 5 in my mock (although I have improved a lot recently and started to put more work in- now hoping for a 7/8), I love speaking and writing but I find listening very difficult, I’m not a natural at languages unlike other subjects, would be a challenge as I’ve heard it’s very hard to get an A/A* and I don’t want it to stop me from going to the uni I want to go to.

English
Pros- predicted 9 at gcse and in coursework and got 9 in mock, I enjoy it, facilitating subject, feel like although it’s a hard subject i have more chance of getting an A than in french, great department at my school, seems to get more interesting from gcse

Cons- it’s a lot of essays and reading, I don’t particularly love reading (I’d be fine doing it though), some people say if u have to really love it

So overall I’m not really sure. My favourite subject out of the 3 is french, but I’ve only started to like it recently and find it more challenging. I don’t know whether I should go with what I love the most, what I’m most likely to get the highest grade in or what will be the easiest?

Thank you- any help would be much appreciated!!
student12_34
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by student12_34)
I wondered if anyone could give me some advice on which a level I should choose with geography and history as I’m really undecided and I need to choose very soon. Thank you!

RS
Pros- I enjoy it and find it interesting, I would find it the easiest to get the best grade in, predicted 9 at gcse
Cons- I already have loads of humanities/essay subjects with similar skills- i wonder whether I should do something different for a change do I don’t get bored, not seen as the most ‘facilitating/respected’ subject

French
Pros- I really enjoy it and would love to learn a language, would be very useful for the future, a nice contrast from my other subjects, means I could do a year abroad at uni/travel opportunities, a different kind of way of learning/revising, would be a big achievement/very rewarding
Cons- it is one of my hardest subjects, I got a 5 in my mock (although I have improved a lot recently and started to put more work in- now hoping for a 7/8), I love speaking and writing but I find listening very difficult, I’m not a natural at languages unlike other subjects, would be a challenge as I’ve heard it’s very hard to get an A/A* and I don’t want it to stop me from going to the uni I want to go to.

English
Pros- predicted 9 at gcse and in coursework and got 9 in mock, I enjoy it, facilitating subject, feel like although it’s a hard subject i have more chance of getting an A than in french, great department at my school, seems to get more interesting from gcse

Cons- it’s a lot of essays and reading, I don’t particularly love reading (I’d be fine doing it though), some people say if u have to really love it

So overall I’m not really sure. My favourite subject out of the 3 is french, but I’ve only started to like it recently and find it more challenging. I don’t know whether I should go with what I love the most, what I’m most likely to get the highest grade in or what will be the easiest?

Thank you- any help would be much appreciated!!
I like all of them, it’s just whether I go for the one I like the most even if I’d find it harder
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (172)
41.85%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (61)
14.84%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (170)
41.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.95%

Watched Threads