trying to up my final a level grades/motivation

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
my final exams are in ~5 weeks, any tips on just busting out revision?? i'm doing maths, further maths and physics.
my predictions were really low (covid+mental health) so i need to get back on track but the content is kinda overwhelming
Marvel_fan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
This is kinda a personal one but I like to make lists of all the topics I want to go over. Then, once I've done them I can cross them off, which usually lifts my mood and gives me motivation to keep going.
Tello
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
my final exams are in ~5 weeks, any tips on just busting out revision?? i'm doing maths, further maths and physics.
my predictions were really low (covid+mental health) so i need to get back on track but the content is kinda overwhelming
I gonna give u an honest answer: STOP BEING A LIL B*** AND GET TO WORK, CREATE A REVSION SHCEUDLE AND STICK TO IT!
Kabzzzy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's a bit random but I find really long videos on YouTube of natural sounds and play those as I'm studying. Things like rainforests, rainfall, wind etc. It might be a personal thing, but I've found that I can study for a good 6-8 hours calmly with that on in the background. (I originally played them for my puppy to calm down, and it was kind of a thing that worked for both of us!) Any other kind of music, like singing etc, proves to be extremely distracting, but this seems to make me more productive than complete silence.

And as the person above said, just do it. Starting is always the hardest, so if you force yourself to just sit down at your desk early in the day, you may surprise yourself with how productive you can be. Good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (92)
42.4%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (38)
17.51%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (84)
38.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads