Accenture Degree Apprenticeship Vs Uni

Watch
Gabbalicious
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I've successfully received a job offer from Accenture for their Degree Apprenticeship program. I love the people there, the culture, and the ability to develop practical skills that will aid me in the workplace.

However, the university I'll be attending (UEL) seems to be a lot worse than the unis who have extended me offers through UCAS (Loughborough, Lancaster, Exeter, Birmingham). I'm sure my parents wouldn't be too pleased by that.

Can anyone grant me some wisdom on this? Have you been in the same spot? What did you choose?
Law Preserver
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
With university, you might get a summer internship or a work placement lasting the summer or a year or something.

With the apprenticeship, I presume you are getting 3/4 years of paid work experience alongside getting a degree.

Personally, I would say the work experience is far more valuable than going to a 'better' university, plus you won't end up in debt but ultimately you need to decide what is important to you.
P__ashanti
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Gabbalicious)
I've successfully received a job offer from Accenture for their Degree Apprenticeship program. I love the people there, the culture, and the ability to develop practical skills that will aid me in the workplace.

However, the university I'll be attending (UEL) seems to be a lot worse than the unis who have extended me offers through UCAS (Loughborough, Lancaster, Exeter, Birmingham). I'm sure my parents wouldn't be too pleased by that.

Can anyone grant me some wisdom on this? Have you been in the same spot? What did you choose?
Congratulations on the offer !! 🎉 Hey can I ask how the assessment centre went, and anything unique you did to prepare😅 also I would without a doubt choose the apprenticeship because you get real world experience and a degree with no debt, and like you said the company culture is amazing, and that’s where you’ll be most of the time anyway
Gabbalicious
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by P__ashanti)
Congratulations on the offer !! 🎉 Hey can I ask how the assessment centre went, and anything unique you did to prepare😅 also I would without a doubt choose the apprenticeship because you get real world experience and a degree with no debt, and like you said the company culture is amazing, and that’s where you’ll be most of the time anyway
Thanks for the input.

As for the assessment centre, there's not actually all that much you can do to prepare beforehand.

I'd say to do as much research as possible regarding Accenture, what exactly they do, and maybe one or two case studies (especially important for the Tech showcase).

Otherwise, make sure your background is all tidied up, you're looking professional, and you're calm.

As long as you can manage that, you haven't got much to worry about.
P__ashanti
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Gabbalicious)
Thanks for the input.

As for the assessment centre, there's not actually all that much you can do to prepare beforehand.

I'd say to do as much research as possible regarding Accenture, what exactly they do, and maybe one or two case studies (especially important for the Tech showcase).

Otherwise, make sure your background is all tidied up, you're looking professional, and you're calm.

As long as you can manage that, you haven't got much to worry about.
Okay great, that is very helpful. Thanks so much
domesticengineer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Personally I wouldn't worry too much that the uni is deemed as lesser than the other ones. I'm sure it's still a good one. I think the work experience and hands on skills you will gain will count for a lot more. Congratulations!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (92)
42.79%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (37)
17.21%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (83)
38.6%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.4%

Watched Threads