is getting vaccinated a good idea?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
so i am generally very pro-vaccination, and quick to criticise when people claim all these kinds of pseudoscience about vaccines causing autism, genetic issues etc.

i am 99% sure i will have the covid vaccine whenever it is offered to me, as i am generally quite a hypochondriac and have been avoiding leaving the house for the past year due to a fear of catching covid or unknowingly passing it on, however everything in the news about the vaccine is beginning to worry me slightly.

i am starting to worry that i will develop a blood clot, or that it will affect my fertility in the future and that i won't be able to have children. of course i would rather avoid a serious case of covid, even if it did affect fertility i think it is perhaps a situation where the pros outweigh the cons, but the blood clotting link is concerning me. i know the chance of this side effect is very small but i'm really not sure i would want to take the AZ vaccine as it would give me a constant fear that something was wrong, and on top of this the risk of me developing a blood clot is slightly higher due to the contraception i'm on.

any advice/reassurance is welcome, thanks
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well if you are under a certain age it seems like you will be able an alternative vaccine to the Astra Zenecca, having said that so far the data is something like 30 clots in 18million doses, with only 7 being fatal. That's a very small chance of developing a clot, however we all have to remember that in something like 80% of people that havid Covid-19, they will recover just fine.
My advice would be if you have had Covid-19 not to take the vaccine, but if not then go for it try to get an alternative 1 if at all possible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.18%
Uncertainty around my education (295)
14.98%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (208)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (276)
14.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.69%
Loneliness (172)
8.74%
Financial worries (70)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (175)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.5%

Watched Threads