Please Help! Why am I so picky with food?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
The only foods I eat are pasta, rice, chicken and chocolate. I don't eat fish or beef or pork or bread or biscuit or tea or coffee or fruits or potatoes or fast food. I think I am allergic to 90% of foods. I am 53kg. Is this an eating disorder?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
You are just picky. It is not normal but is okay.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think I am allergic to 90% of foods.
Doubt this very much.

You sound like a picky eater. Can't comment on whether you have an ED - you haven't said anything about how you see your body and haven't given us your height.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Sounds like an awful diet anyway, the 'allergy' thing sounds like a cover for not wanting to develop. Your body is pretty smart and pretty stupid at the same time and you can train it into some really bad habits.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
The only foods I eat are pasta, rice, chicken and chocolate. I don't eat fish or beef or pork or bread or biscuit or tea or coffee or fruits or potatoes or fast food. I think I am allergic to 90% of foods. I am 53kg. Is this an eating disorder?
i was going to say that you get less picky as you get older, but yeah that is very odd. i would see if you could benefit from CBT.
ThomH97
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
If you 'think' you're allergic, you need to find out for sure. Either you definitely need to stay away from them properly, or you can eat them which should help improve your (appalling) diet. Do you eat any veggies?
Anonymous #4
Report 4 days ago
ARFID?
jayny
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I don't understand what is picky means? You dont like it, you don't like it, end of. The only thing is no fruit or veg is unhealthy for you, can you drink fruit and veg smoothie?
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by jayny)
I don't understand what is picky means? You dont like it, you don't like it, end of. The only thing is no fruit or veg is unhealthy for you, can you drink fruit and veg smoothie?
Someone deciding that they 'don't like' 90% of food is going to have a pretty miserable life. 'End of' doesn't seem v helpful considering it's something that really should be investigated further.
ostriches
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Why do you not like those foods? Is it the taste or the consistency? Are you disgusted by them or do you just not like them very much?
Tw1x
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
ARFID?
This. I'm 30 and have the most horrific limited diet ever. It's pretty miserable and debilitating in lots of ways
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Are you actually allergic or do you have have a physical food intolerance? :confused:
Or would you just choose not to eat at all than eat the foods that you don't like the taste, sight or smell of?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (68)
42.77%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (28)
17.61%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (60)
37.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed