How do i prepare mentally for my exam?

Watch
andreasgeo1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have my gcse maths mock on monday which counts for 80% of our grade and i literally have no idea if im going to go well or not. I studied for countless hours the past few weeks but i can still find some questions challenging and im aiming for a 9 but i wont mind getting an 8. How can i prepare myself mentally for my exam?
Marvel_fan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I was quite nervous before hand but it might reassure you to know I was actually completely calm once I had started. I almost become so focused that I forgot I was in an exam. The best advice I can give is try to relax the night before... do something that takes your mind off the exam so that you become a bit more calm.
Good luck for it!
Dragon264
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This probably won’t help that much but the people who are worrying the most often do the best and it’s the people who aren’t so nervous who end up doing badly. From what you have said so far it definitely sounds like you are going to do well. In year 11 I have got a nine on every single maths mock but there are still questions on each paper that I got stuck on. But maths is a strange subject because sometimes you can get so many marks on a question without even getting the right answer. I am confident that you will do well.
Good luck!
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by andreasgeo1)
I have my gcse maths mock on monday which counts for 80% of our grade and i literally have no idea if im going to go well or not. I studied for countless hours the past few weeks but i can still find some questions challenging and im aiming for a 9 but i wont mind getting an 8. How can i prepare myself mentally for my exam?
Your school should not be using any test for 80% and why are you back on Monday??

The guidance says 'a range of evidence' - a mock should be a small part of the 'bucket' of work.
andreasgeo1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Your school should not be using any test for 80% and why are you back on Monday??

The guidance says 'a range of evidence' - a mock should be a small part of the 'bucket' of
I have no idea i was shocked aswell when i heard it was literally 80% of our gcse grade
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by andreasgeo1)
I have no idea i was shocked aswell when i heard it was literally 80% of our gcse grade
You need to get your parents to challenge this - the guidance is out there.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...o-for-teachers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (190)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (552)
14.66%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (420)
11.16%
Lack of purpose or motivation (518)
13.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (188)
4.99%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (225)
5.98%
Loneliness (316)
8.39%
Financial worries (138)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (146)
3.88%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.46%
Lack of real life entertainment (214)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (336)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (354)
9.4%

Watched Threads