The Student Room Group

Are my standards in men too high?

Must be

-5’5” or under
-On £40,000 a year or close (less than my salary)
-reasonably attractive
-kind, funny, caring, soft etc

Scroll to see replies

@londonmyst
This sounds like a question for you.
(edited 3 years ago)
Sounds like lord farquaad minus the kind part
No, too low judging by your height limit. :rofl:
Reply 4
Original post by Moonlight rain
Sounds like lord farquaad minus the kind part

Lord ****wad wasn’t hot lmao
Reply 5
Original post by Rufus the red

Nah I just like short blokes
Original post by Rufus the red

Rude. Besides, it's not easy finding a guy who's under 5'5''.
Original post by Anonymous
Must be

-5’5” or under
-reasonably attractive

Height limit is too low. Guys under 5'5'' are rare, especially in the UK.
A lot of males would want to earn more than the female.
Soft? You want a feminine man?
(edited 3 years ago)
Nah I just like short blokes

Fair enough. :smile:
Original post by FluffyAkitaBoy
Rude. Besides, it's not easy finding a guy who's under 5'5''.

I don't think it was that rude.
I was just trying to be funny rather than cause any sort of offense - the joke was based entirely on the wording of the title juxtaposed with the height preference rather than passing negative judgement on the OP's opinions and preferences.
Reply 9
Original post by sufys12
Height limit is too low. Guys under 5'5'' are rare, especially in the UK.
A lot of males would want to earn more than the female.
Soft? You want a feminine man?

They’re the only ones I’m attracted too

Yes, like muscly but soft personality if ygm
Not too high. :smile:
Most of those dealbreakers are reasonable and not highly selective, with the exception of the income one.
Many guys working full time in the private sector won't be open to dating a woman who earns more than they do.
While lazy spongers, charming opportunists with golddigger type ambitions and scam artists will view you as a potential target.

I have over 30 dating dealbreakers and date with a minimum 15 year age gap.
Some friends have even more dealbreakers.

Some very restrictive like only dating fellow millionaires with postgrad qualifications, being a religious tradwife or wanting more than 5 children.
They’re the only ones I’m attracted too

Yes, like muscly but soft personality if ygm

Soft personality is feminine too.
Original post by londonmyst
Most of those dealbreakers are reasonable and not highly selective, with the exception of the income one.
Many guys working full time in the private sector won't be open to dating a woman who earns more than they do.
While lazy spongers, charming opportunists with golddigger type ambitions and scam artists will view you as a potential target.

Some very restrictive like only dating fellow millionaires with postgrad qualifications, being a religious tradwife or wanting more than 5 children.

So should I lie about my income then?
Original post by sufys12
Soft personality is feminine too.

Okay then, yes, a feminine dude
Okay then, yes, a feminine dude

You have a very low chance. I wouldn't say your standards are 'high', it's not like that six feet, six pack, six figure income standard, but the standard greatly diminishes the number of viable men.
So should I lie about my income then?

No, just don't mention it or anything closely connected.
The same way that you don't mention your credit card limits or online banking logins.
Original post by sufys12
You have a very low chance. I wouldn't say your standards are 'high', it's not like that six feet, six pack, six figure income standard, but the standard greatly diminishes the number of viable men.

Okay, thanks
No, just don't mention it or anything closely connected.
The same way that you don't mention your credit card limits or online banking logins.

Thanks, guys don’t tend to ask about money anyway on dates which I suppose works in my favour
Reply 18
Must be

-5’5” or under
-reasonably attractive

Yes, These are unreasonable dealbreakers.

Lets break it down:

8.5% of UK adult males are 5ft 5 or below

22% of people earn £40,000 a year or more

so if you meet 100 men, statistically only 22 will meet the salary requirements, and of those 22, only 8.5% will meet the height requirement ....., now maths was never my strong point, but it looks to me like statistically speaking just 2 out of 100 men will survive the first two dealbreakers ...if we add the other two you'll be lucky to get statistically speaking 1 out of 100 men who pass on all the deal breakers.

londonmyst, I can see why you're planning to freeze your eggs if you've got 30+ of these dealbreakers :P
Original post by ANM775
Yes, These are unreasonable dealbreakers.

Lets break it down:

8.5% of UK adult males are 5ft 5 or below

22% of people earn £40,000 a year or more

so if you meet 100 men, statistically only 22 will meet the salary requirements, and of those 22, only 8.5% will meet the height requirement ....., now maths was never my strong point, but it looks to me like statistically speaking just 2 out of 100 men will survive the first two dealbreakers ...if we add the other two you'll be lucky to get statistically speaking 1 out of 100 men who pass on all the deal breakers.

londonmyst, I can see why you're planning to freeze your eggs if you've got 30+ of these dealbreakers :P

I can be flexible on the salary thing tbh; as long as he’s got enough to afford travelling with me that’s fine. I’m just not willing to budge on the height thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending