Tom Allen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
How can I revise well for my mocks that start on Monday the 19th? I take Film studies (WJEC Eduqas), Psychology (AQA) and History (OCR) and am in Year 12. I have already tried to create a revision timetable but have found it is not possible to revise everything fully and practice exam technique in the time I have. What should I do and how do I prioritise topics?
Listix.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Try to take a breather. Try to study in short time increments. Say 20 mins or 30 mins and a break. Think about what you feel you’re strengths are within each subject. If you feel confident about one or two modules, go over them a couple of times in your schedule but don’t spend too much time on them. Listen to your teachers if they are expecting a specific subject to come up within an exam. Make sure you spend some time on that particular part of the course. I can’t speak to film studies but with psychology and history, do your best to memorise big dates and developments. With psychology sometimes you need to argue both sides so consider empathy and break things down to the basics. Sometimes you need to review things as a human being and then rework it back to the particular point in history. Not always the case but just be prepared. But also, these are mock exams. These are there to help you work on what you don’t know.
Nobody knows what they don’t know. That’s the beauty of mocks. I appreciate they give teachers assistance with predictions for final A level results which can affect university’s decisions but honestly, please try not to get in your head about this. Do what you can and believe in yourself. Trust me, even in the worst case scenario, there are options. I’ve been where you are.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
i'd focus on exam practice in the areas you know you're weak in, which you should have some idea of as you should have done some form of assessment already. exam practice can identify gaps in your knowledge and then you could revise your weak topics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (60)
18.99%
Virtual accommodation tour (44)
13.92%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.06%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.95%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.48%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.15%
Speak to current students studying my course (68)
21.52%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.11%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.8%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.53%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.58%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.9%

Watched Threads