How to get your hair cut short as a girl?

Watch
Mruczega
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Ok so I want to cut my hair short (not right now but sometime before uni) and I'm wondering where I can get it cut like that?

Does anyone have any tips on how I can avoid places that will give me the Karen haircut?

Do women salons usually do short hair cuts?
Any great hair cut recommendations? I'm adventurous so I'm open to almost anything.

Atm, I'm not sure how short I want it or if I really want it. I'm trying to figure stuff out. I'm just thinking ahead and looking for information because I love to make informed choices.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Any hairdresser will be able to cut it short for you. Just show them a photograph of what you're after and they'll replicate it.

If you are looking for a more traditionally masculine haircut it is typically cheaper to go to a barber for upkeep after the big chop.
Last edited by sinfonietta; 3 days ago
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Like post two said, find a picture on Google and show them what you want, and also make sure to clarify what you dont.
You could ask the hairdresser to cut it to a bob first since you're unsure. You'll be able to feel and see yourself without such long hair, and if you really end up hating it its not so hard to grow out.
Last edited by Foxehh; 3 days ago
spanker
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Grade 2 all over! Do it! Do it now!
Mruczega
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Any hairdresser will be able to cut it short for you. Just show them a photograph of what you're after and they'll replicate it.

If you are looking for a more traditionally masculine haircut it is typically cheaper to go to a barber for upkeep after the big chop.
Really? I just kinda assumed that salons typically only do long hair cuts. I'm not gonna lie, this is new info for me.

I shall look for some good pictures.
Mruczega
Rep:
?
(Original post by Foxehh)
Like post two said, find a picture on Google and show them what you want, and also make sure to clarify what you dont.
You could ask the hairdresser to cut it to a bob first since you're unsure. You'll be able to feel and see yourself without such long hair, and if you really end up hating it its not so hard to grow out.
I had a bob before (before quarantine, my hair grew out a lot since then), so I'm gonna go for something shorter.

Worse case possible, i might start wearing wigs lol
Mruczega
Rep:
?
(Original post by spanker)
Thank you for the encouragement <3
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 minutes ago
(Original post by spanker)
Personally I think people look better if their sides and back are 1 grade shorter than the top.
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 minutes ago
(Original post by Mruczega)
Thank you for the encouragement <3
I think a pixie cut really suits some women, it migjht be best if you can to visit the salon/hairdresser ahead of time and ask them what they think would look nice on you then look up those kind of hairstyles.
applianceguy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
Shave it and see what happens

7/10 would recommend
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (68)
18.99%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.25%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.75%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.84%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.07%
Taster lectures or seminars (77)
21.51%
Speak to current students studying my course (81)
22.63%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (16)
4.47%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.63%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.23%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.68%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
1.96%

Watched Threads