The Student Room Group

really bad mark on first assignment help

so im studying law and my public law module assignment which is worth 35% of the overall module i got 34 marks on it which is a big fail, obviously during covid it has been tough. My other modules i have got a 2:1 on them but public law was so difficult for me to understand. But, I do have an exam coming up which is worth 50% of the module. I am in first year would I still be able to continue onto next year?
Original post by Anonymous
so im studying law and my public law module assignment which is worth 35% of the overall module i got 34 marks on it which is a big fail, obviously during covid it has been tough. My other modules i have got a 2:1 on them but public law was so difficult for me to understand. But, I do have an exam coming up which is worth 50% of the module. I am in first year would I still be able to continue onto next year?

You just need to get 40% on each module to continue to the next year.
Original post by Anonymous

Hello!

I would recommend emailing your unit leader/ personal tutor/ university's Study Support team, to ask about the specifics for your course about how your year will be marked, as it will differ at each university and for each course This will hopefully provide you some comfort for your final year grading! :smile:

For me, in my first and second year at uni, the lowest scoring module was removed and then the overall grade for the year was the average from the remaining five modules. This may be the case for you where your lowest scoring module is removed from your average. This helped my grade improve massively by removing the lowest scoring module! However, I did have to make sure that I passed (40%+) in all modules.

Calculations for your final year will vary from each uni so it's best to ask. Some courses will have a 10% contribution from first year to the final year grade, whereas others take the best 6 grades from the modules from year 2 and year 3, or just use the final year grade only.

It's worth an ask, especially as certain modules may be weighted differently! You can also ask to see what their no-detriment policy is in regards to COVID :biggrin:

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest