katiec04
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone I live in a house with A LOT of arguing and it’s really started to get to me. I recently began seeing the school councillor (I’m in year 11) but she doesn’t know everything. I found out that my dad had an affair, my parents are still together and no one talks about it, apart from the occasional dig at him. My sister is really naughty and causes a lot of trouble, and my parents work a lot so I have to be very independent. I just feel really crap all the time. I’ve heard of the Samaritans and I don’t know if they would be good to talk to? And can they track me or do anything because I’m underage? I now have 5 weeks of exams instead of GCSEs and I’m just feeling really overwhelmed with everything. I’m so terrified for sixth form because it is so independent with the study. Could anyone give any advice xxx
2003a39
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah, can understand how you feel.

I'd advise you to not involve yourself with the issues in your family. Music should help distract you.

Samaritans won't track you down, age won't matter in this case so don't worry. They state that they'll collect as little information as possible.

To improve your mood and reduce stress, Vitamin D3 supplements are great. I was feeling overwhelmed mentally back in December, a few days after taking the supplements, I felt better unexpectedly. 1 a day will do fine. Holland & Barrett + Vitabiotics have the same, positive effect. Vitabiotics' supplement didn't make my wrists go red though.

Try and make a revision plan, maybe revise an hour a day (what I did last year) going through all the topics in all your subjects. You don't have to revise for a subject you think you might fail at to focus on the more important subjects. Grade consistecy doesn't matter at GCSE.

As for Sixth Form, everything should go to plan in the procedure of getting into a College. Teachers tend to make a big deal about applications but the predicted grades determines whether you get accepted or not in most cases. Picking subjects is what causes problems. You have to know what you enjoy, your strengths and your career ambitions. For this you'll have to make a plan. I can help you out with that.

Good Luck
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by katiec04)
Hi everyone I live in a house with A LOT of arguing and it’s really started to get to me. I recently began seeing the school councillor (I’m in year 11) but she doesn’t know everything. I found out that my dad had an affair, my parents are still together and no one talks about it, apart from the occasional dig at him. My sister is really naughty and causes a lot of trouble, and my parents work a lot so I have to be very independent. I just feel really crap all the time. I’ve heard of the Samaritans and I don’t know if they would be good to talk to? And can they track me or do anything because I’m underage? I now have 5 weeks of exams instead of GCSEs and I’m just feeling really overwhelmed with everything. I’m so terrified for sixth form because it is so independent with the study. Could anyone give any advice xxx
i suggest you find somewhere outside to do your work. since its sunny maybe do some work on a park bench? prep all your notes, condense them and take it out with you. Maybe hang out with some friends and vent to them? sure the school counsellor can be some what helpful but maybe your friends can also help too. Make some you time i think that is the main problem your worried about your sister and your parents but your GCSEs are right around the corner and worrying isnt going to help.

what can help is trying to talk to your family? try explaining whats wrong and how they should help you. if they are good then they will understand you (not sure if you've tried already)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (136)
4.87%
Uncertainty around my education (410)
14.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (313)
11.21%
Lack of purpose or motivation (392)
14.05%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (127)
4.55%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (170)
6.09%
Loneliness (243)
8.71%
Financial worries (100)
3.58%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (113)
4.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (129)
4.62%
Lack of real life entertainment (149)
5.34%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (244)
8.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (265)
9.49%

Watched Threads