Air transport management msc question

Watch
Maice96
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Has anyone studied Air transport management msc, and found a job after? I am interested in studying the course but have no idea how the experience is and the job prospects.
Biskwit
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
Maybe you could be a pilot? (If u did it with pilot training)

What uni is that with 🤔
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
The airline and airport industry is not great right now and will take a few years to bounce back. Are you sure you want to do this masters?
Biskwit
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
If he’s doing masters, doesnt that mean he already has bachelor degree on it already?
Maice96
Rep:
(Original post by Biskwit)
If he’s doing masters, doesnt that mean he already has bachelor degree on it already?
I have a degree in mechanical engineering
Maice96
Rep:
(Original post by mike23mike)
The airline and airport industry is not great right now and will take a few years to bounce back. Are you sure you want to do this masters?
I was thinking that and thinking about studying while its down so I could take advantage when it rises
Biskwit
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
How is mechanical engineering, how hard is it compared to a levels? (Cuz I’m going uni next yr and idk wether I should do a aviation degree or engineering, I want to be a pilot)
Maice96
Rep:
(Original post by Biskwit)
How is mechanical engineering, how hard is it compared to a levels? (Cuz I’m going uni next yr and idk wether I should do a aviation degree or engineering, I want to be a pilot)
Mechanical engineer was full of math. And very confusing math. If you are a math wizard then this will be good for you.
Biskwit
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
What kinda mafs, is there a lot of integration?

Can a B/C student be capable of dat thing, and are there equations which you need to learn

How hard would you say it’s compared to A-Levels
Adel Alobal
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Hi, colleagues One question please is EECT028, MSc Air Transport Management required ATAS certificate, I checked the MSc Air Transport Management, CAH code (CAH10-01-04), however, the MSc Air Transport Management is appearing on the ATAS webpage. The one showed on the list ATAS webpage and required ATAS certificate is aeronautical and aerospace engineering under the same code (CAH10-01-04). so, is there someone who can clarify that if MSc Air Transport Management is still required for the ATAS certificate or not since is not appearing on the ATAS webpage? here is the link where I checked the courses required ATAS certificate.https://www.gov.uk/guidance/academic...pproval-scheme
Last edited by Adel Alobal; 7 months ago
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Maice96)
Has anyone studied Air transport management msc, and found a job after? I am interested in studying the course but have no idea how the experience is and the job prospects.
Hey Maice96

I recently completed my Air Transport Management MSc at De Montfort University. I too was a bit concerned about the job prospects after the programme and whilst in my final semester I started to apply to jobs. Whilst job hunting, an opportunity presented itself to continue my studies to do my PhD in Air Transport Management. As a result, I quickly dropped job hunting and went full throttle into the PhD. I would strongly suggest the following companies as they have internships/placements available for Air Transport Management students. They are and are not limited to, ICF, ICF Next, WSP, Matt MacDonald, GE Aviation, and DHL Express. These companies advertise heavily on LinkedIn so make sure that your profile is up to date. You should also look at the networking opportunities the university you are thinking of applying to has. During my programme, we were able to network with Manchester Airport, Birmingham Airport, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, Airport Council International and a few other consultancy firms around the UK.

I really hope this helps. If you need any guidance or advice about Air Transport Management, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

- Dennis (PhD Air Transport Management student)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads