The Student Room Group

Am I moving too fast?

My boyfriend (21) and I (20) have been together just over 5 months now, we see eachother atleast 2/3 times a week & I typically spend the weekend at his house. We said I love you after about 2 weeks and we’ve never had an argument. I’m crazy in love with him. We speak about marriage and kids and our future all the time and I can’t wait for that life one day. I already want to move in with him and even get engaged but I know it’s way too early. Is this just because I love him or am I becoming dependent and obsessed?
Reply 1
Hey, I think it is possible that you may genuinely love your partner but as you are only 20 I would advise you to take things slow and really ensure you enjoy your youth and life because you are really young and haven’t been together for too long. There is so much for you to see, experience and even learn about yourself so I wouldn’t rush into anything, however there is no harm in planning for the future with your partner.

And I am 25 and have been with my bf since 19.l so definitely not advocating that you break up or anything, just take things slow and ensure you enjoy your youth!
Move in with him, as soon as you can.

If the 2 of you are still happily together in 18 months to 2 years time, marry him and have children together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending