The Student Room Group

Advice

How do I stop envying the female sex and start loving being male?
Being a female is hard. You constantly get judged for what you wear and how you look. Wearing makeup can be so stressful and can just completely ruin your skin. The beauty standard is so hard to achieve. Getting catcalled in the streets is frightening and maintaining a good body is hard. Females are also considered weak and easy targets. There’s so many downsides to being a female. But hopefully it will change soon. Anyway if you want to be a female go ahead but just mind all these down factors.
Original post by Shy oreo
Being a female is hard. You constantly get judged for what you wear and how you look. Wearing makeup can be so stressful and can just completely ruin your skin. The beauty standard is so hard to achieve. Getting catcalled in the streets is frightening and maintaining a good body is hard. Females are also considered weak and easy targets. There’s so many downsides to being a female. But hopefully it will change soon. Anyway if you want to be a female go ahead but just mind all these down factors.

the guys that do that are as$ holes, not all guys do that and there is plenty of plus sides for females. One reason is that guys do stupid stuff,we have fun in different ways which is why we dont live as long, no matter what people say,its because we do stupid things. Guys can also be as nice as females, but more disrespectful and the guys that arent feel bad because those other guys set bad examples for males. Each sex has good things that the other wants and bad things they dont. Unless they are sexist, but its all on how you view things, but if you wanna view females and yourself like that, okay, but look at the good you got. Look at yourself and smile instead of frowning and be happy. And Op....just be happy for you, females envy some males and likewise, its perfectly fine, do you bro :yep:
I’m a female, and can say I do get jealous of some of the qualities boys have got.
Reply 4
What I've been feeling right now is all thanks to a mentality that sees the male sex as nothing more than either like a monster or a beast of burden.

Generally, being male seems to offer me less benefits than being female would do, and I can't get out of it, so I'm still stuck with the losing side even if I do something good.

I'd love to have a naturally long lifespan, a naturally good immune system, a naturally mature mind as well as automatic reverence from public opinion and other endowments that the female sex tends to enjoy by default, but I have to be female to avail of them.

Apparently, the world only values men not for what they are, but for what they bring on the table.

Having to earn anything good because you're at the bottom to start with is certainly no fun at all.
I suppose it would be nice to get sex anytime I wanted, have my own pair of tits to play with and if I were a very ugly woman I could just use the magic of makeup.

Life for men is quite harsh. It's frowned upon to express emotions, a second-too long glance in the street can turn in to a fight, without employment we have no value and when the Chinese invade it'll be us that ends up in the kung pow. Mentally, having to constantly be 'manly' is draining. Yet we are supposedly part of teh patriarchy and only women have problems.

I suppose you could always chop your balls off.
Reply 6
Original post by 4Skin
I suppose you could always chop your balls off.

Eh, you seem to be missing a point here. Even if external change into a form of another sex is now possible, it's still different from being female naturally.

Now, I never said that the female sex never suffers many downsides.

If anything, most of them seem to be fault of the male sex. I'm not proud of this embarrassing fact, aside from being endowed with few natural gifts just because I'm male.

You know, being pursued automatically in a good way is nice, as is being valued for what I am and not for I do, but being male precludes me from affording them.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest