Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hadupadu
???
I had an argument with my teacher about Atheism
She said the earth is “just” there. We don’t question it
This stuck with me
Now I’m in a state where Allah isn’t apparent to me fully

Nothing is helping me and I feel so sad it makes me not wanna eat or sleep

What really helped me was reading Qur’an with English translation and praying before dawn/ at midnight. You feel a connection when praying and that keeps me strong on the Deen alhamdulillah. Try to find more ways of worship like even looking at the complexity of nature SubhanAllah. The fact you’re even here asking about it and you can’t eat etc. Is a sign of good iman... don’t loose that for anyone! Best wishes and I hope this helped ❤️
Reply 2
Original post by lh14010237
What really helped me was reading Qur’an with English translation and praying before dawn/ at midnight. You feel a connection when praying and that keeps me strong on the Deen alhamdulillah. Try to find more ways of worship like even looking at the complexity of nature SubhanAllah. The fact you’re even here asking about it and you can’t eat etc. Is a sign of good iman... don’t loose that for anyone! Best wishes and I hope this helped ❤️

Unless I pray outside I don’t feel a connection
I generally don’t feel a connection with Allah
My prayers feel dead in every way I’m just throwing my hands around
(edited 3 years ago)

Definitely try and seek more ways of appreciating Allah like through nature? Perhaps read some of the prophets journeys and try the special times? (Before dawn..after midnight)
There is nothing convincing about the atheist argument whatsoever - the earth cannot be "just there".

Read my bio on my profile because it addresses this.

Regarding how you feel about Allah JWA, watch this because it is a good point of reflection:

???
This stuck with me

But then u can think that Allah is just there there's no explaining it to our knowledge. He created everything and just exists. The Earth can't just be in existence w/o power to control things
Reply 6
???
This stuck with me

The earth is finite which means at one point it did not exist just like the universe, Muslims believe God created the universe at one point of time. How does any of this affect your faith in Allah the most high?
Reply 7

Ok what do you want us to do about it? Just pray and get on with it. If you don't believe in allah, then don't, no one is forcing you. If you read quran, you might feel a better connection.
if you want you can study Islam by watching youtube videos that give you a greater understanding of God, first of all, there is lots of scientific evidence in the Quran

???
This stuck with me

Bro, you need to research more than that in Islam. It is beautiful. You need to find your love for praying from inside you. Be genuinely content that your praying. Do it so precisely and consciously. DO NOT pray just because you think you have to. Pray because you need allah’s mercy. Allah doesn’t need your prayers. You pray because you need Allah. The argument from your teacher is very idiotic and unprofessional. Most of whom don’t believe in God really don’t question why we are here to live hence why she just said “the earth is just there” what an unintelligent argument !. The chances of the earth being there through what they say is Big Bang theory are immeasurable because it is impossible and stupid. Educate your self more about the religion. And trust me brother you won’t regret it. Ask me anything. Any argument that you have. Please do. Thank you.
???
This stuck with me

Some good advice would be to go into sujood (w wudhu ofc) and then ask Allah to guide u and strengthen your imaan. Beg him and submit. That's all Allah wants us to do. Submit and he'll guide us and by his will we will enter jannah
Original post by Muhammeddd
Bro, you need to research more than that in Islam. It is beautiful. You need to find your love for praying from inside you. Be genuinely content that your praying. Do it so precisely and consciously. DO NOT pray just because you think you have to. Pray because you need allah’s mercy. Allah doesn’t need your prayers. You pray because you need Allah. The argument from your teacher is very idiotic and unprofessional. Most of whom don’t believe in God really don’t question why we are here to live hence why she just said “the earth is just there” what an unintelligent argument !. The chances of the earth being there through what they say is Big Bang theory are immeasurable because it is impossible and stupid. Educate your self more about the religion. And trust me brother you won’t regret it. Ask me anything. Any argument that you have. Please do. Thank you.

I agree subhanallah! In fact it’s not even ‘just’ there. If earth was moved by a single unit forwards to backwards it’d either be too hot or too cold for human survival. Subhanallah it is Allah who controls and created all things ! I definitely agree I think educating yourself with the religion in depth will seal your love for it
???
This stuck with me

Don't try to force it. People leave religion all the time - if it stops making sense to you or you no longer believe in it, you can just stop believing.
If we don't know something, the answer shouldn't automatically be "god did it". Food for thought.
A lot of people are born into religions and don't actually know much about it or opposing views. If your teacher is exposing you to science and it results in you questioning your faith, that is absolutely fine. You don't need to force yourself to follow a religion, and in the same way you don't have to discard it and follow science 100%.

What is important is that YOU absorb all of the information out there and come to a conclusion yourself. It's not for other people to debate, as I'm sure the mentioning of the big bang theory will wreak havoc. Go and learn things and choose what you want out of life yourself. There is nothing wrong with being religious, atheist, deist, or anything else!
Original post by DarthRoar
If we don't know something, the answer shouldn't automatically be "god did it". Food for thought.

hm but when you think about it the universe is infinite and something must have made it that is beyond the physical world, i just feel like only a divine power like God could have created this all. imo
I'm not religious or anything (atheist) but if you are intending to seek solace in your religion, I can offer you some perspective.

It's not just the Earth that is "just there," it's everything. The Universe, the cosmos, everything that exists (or doesn't exist yet but will spontaneously come into existence or has vanished from existence.) We all came from an infinitesimal singularity, at least that's the understanding.

Atheists (well, not all of them. You can find atheists that are flat earthers and fully believe we have always existed and totally throw out evolution/etc) generally deny the existence of some god having played a part in the processes of the Universe.

It's just probabilistic; many universes may exist parallel to our own, who knows what other theories are coasting around. In each one, you'd have to deal with the anthropic argument that for us to exist, to be typing on this very forum, every event must have proceeded appropriately, all the parameters that define that universe to have been properly set. Now that's very low in chance, but given an infinite number of universes, it's definitively going to occur in one of them. Anyway, that's just one of the example possibilities. We can only theorize, we can't cross over and study other universe's (if they exist.)

Unlike religion, science doesn't put an "absolute" label on it. Everything is tested, theorized, all that sort of thing, and we aren't definitely saying some god did it, we're just elucidating it and making use of the physical principles that exist to predict/ratify other stuff that happens.

However, you can't say why the Universe exists. Ultimately we all came from nothing, and the way we understand life is that everything that is must have some beginning. Many atheists (myself included) will believe that that nothing simply "is" and there is no deeper meaning to it and since we can't elucidate it, there's no point.

If you argue that some sort of deity started it all off, then you'd be back to the argument of ascribing some beginning to that deity too, and ultimately you're stuck with the same argument: that deity simply "is," just like the Universe simply "is" to any self-respecting atheist.

It's your choice as to whether you're happy with accepting that nothing is absolute and that you don't need to have an explanation for everything or why we exist, or whether you're going to seek definition and simply say that a deity is responsible for all of it. Atheists are happy to say "we can't explain it but we're happy leaving it that way because our logic permits it," theists aren't so happy and look for their deity as an answer. Imo it's perfectly sane and reasonable to just argue that some deity started it all off, and if that makes you happy, then you should do it.

Just my opinion. Although personally I can't stand the pushy religious type who always claims that "God" did it. Not to be unpopular but primarily a Sith deals in absolutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7xoASkTMfU

Hear his arguments about the Big Bang Theory and Low Entropy Theory and see how it is impossible for it to just exist without there being some supreme and powerful being that we call God.
Reply 19
Original post by CynicalHair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7xoASkTMfU

Hear his arguments about the Big Bang Theory and Low Entropy Theory and see how it is impossible for it to just exist without there being some supreme and powerful being that we call God.

By the same logic it is "impossible" for God to exist without something that created him. There is so much about the universe that we don't understand and I don't feel like inventing God solves any of these questions, it just creates more.

Latest

Trending

Trending