The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don't force it on you. You will make it worse.
Original post by arisakha7
All abrahamic religions are of the same foundation, if you want to look at it that way.

Screenshot_20210409-225005_Chrome.jpg
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
This is simply not true. There is not one bit of “science” in the Quran that was not already known and much of the science in it is wrong, proving it wasn’t authored by a god and therefore showing conclusively that Islam is false.

once you take literalism out of the equation, this is not the case
Reply 183
Original post by Muhammeddd
I also want to touch on the beauty of Quran aswell. For many years millions of atheists and non believers have tried to find errors in the Quran and then can never find a single error. Scientifically true. It’s flow is impeccable ( there is not a part that doesn’t sound right ). The words init have never been proved wrong. In fact it has predicted many things like people changing up their bodies ( plastic surgeries, attempts at genetic changes etc
Evidence :- so they will change the creation of Allah." And whoever takes Satan as an ally instead of Allah has certainly sustained a clear loss.
Allah makes clear to not fall for Satan’s dirty manipulation on man kind.
Pollution is also prophesied :- “Corruption has spread on land and sea because of what men’s hands have wrought” (30:42)
And many many other powerful examples brother.
Especially Our prophet PBUH who has prophesied major things and has warned us of falling for the disbelievers beliefs. So please bro check everything right now. There is no reason to feel that Islam is not the right thing. Ask anything !?

I’m really desperate to believe that Islam is true.
I know it’s true because Allah showed me a sign before

But I went back to having doubts again and this time nothing is sticking despite everyone telling me about all these miracles. The only one that boosted my imaan was how there are equal numbers of mentions of opposites in the Quran like belief is mentioned equal number of times as disbelief and so is Satan vs angel
Reply 184
Original post by Other_Owl
Don't force it on you. You will make it worse.

I just Dk what To do!
Original post by Hadupadu
I just Dk what To do!

lol
Original post by Cıllıan
Screenshot_20210409-225005_Chrome.jpg

Are you always this funny, Cillian?
Reply 187
Original post by YungLordRaf
lol

It’s not funny this stuff keeps me up at night
I can convert to whatever religion I wish - you cannot pass off religion as truth as the whole idea of religion is faith. All abrahamic religions are of the same foundation, if you want to look at it that way.

didn't think you'd be swayed by someone who isn't convinced themselves! :bubbles:

i quit islam quite some time ago too :h: forgive me for being callous if this is your experience as well as the op's, but i could never understand the cognitive dissonance. after some time and reflection, if i still wasn't feeling it, it seemed pretty clear what needed to be done.
It’s not funny this stuff keeps me up at night

i think @YungLordRaf is laughing because they have been trying to offer an explanation to restore your faith but you don't seem to be listening? i'm sure they will correct me if i'm wrong :bubbles:
Are you always this funny, Cillian?

Yes, are you inevitably this dull, Shakira?
Original post by Cıllıan
Yes, are you inevitably this dull, Shakira?

I can't breathe, you're so funny
I can't breathe, you're so funny

:withstupid:
Original post by Cıllıan
:withstupid:

*heart eyes* thanks
*heart eyes* thanks

You welcome babes x

(Let's let this thread die now or stay on topic please)
I’m really desperate to believe that Islam is true.
I know it’s true because Allah showed me a sign before

But I went back to having doubts again and this time nothing is sticking despite everyone telling me about all these miracles. The only one that boosted my imaan was how there are equal numbers of mentions of opposites in the Quran like belief is mentioned equal number of times as disbelief and so is Satan vs angel

Trust me man. Everything in Islam has a justification. Eg. Wine, many would say that it has some positive attributes to it, though, I believe this is true but the negatives outweigh the positives further suggesting that wine is bad for human beings. It completely plays and f’s up your mind and makes you dependent on it to seek happiness and gratification. Just like people who are addicted to smoking or drinking, they feel that these things get them through stress etc but they scientifically proven they don’t. And that’s why Allah has forbidden these things, because they are bad for us. Now you may also be asking why is pig forbidden, here’s why :- “Pig is the cradle of harmful germs. Scientific evidences prove that pig meat is least healthy having different harmful agents like Cholesterol and Fatty Acids, Bacteria and Toxins and a number of parasites. ... The pig excretory system secretes 2 percent of its uric acid that is injurious for the human health”. This is scientifically proven. Everything that Allah says has a meaning he isn’t punishing us. He is helping us. And we return his help and guidance by praying. And if you feel like your life is miserable etc, it is because Allah tests his best soldiers.In the Quran it also says this :- “do people think that they will be left to say, “We believe,” without being tested? We certainly tested those before them. And Allah will clearly distinguish between those who are truthful and those who are liars”. And God the greatest only tells the truth. There is much more that I can go on about, trust me, there is no reason to be doubtful. Ask for guidance, you will be challenged, accept the challenges faithfully and you will overcome them. One challenge people face is that they say why did God make me poor, the rich people have a easy life”. Both have a hard life. God tests both sides. The poor is tested for patience and if he is patient he will be awarded. The rich is tested for his charitable work and if he is extremely charitable God will award him. If you wanna talk more bro message me.!
Okay so man made objects are clearly man made

I read somewhere; what about living objects like trees?

But then I think: they’re not created. The question of them being possibly creations Doesn’t come up in my head at all
I don’t know why

Trees just grow by themselves
They’re just there

Brotherrr, God clearly says that he has made the world in 6 days. He also talks about one of the stories about Adam And Eve eating from a tree. So we are aware of trees. He said on one of the days he created dry land and plants!!.
Original post by Muhammeddd
“Pig is the cradle of harmful germs. Scientific evidences prove that pig meat is least healthy having different harmful agents like Cholesterol and Fatty Acids, Bacteria and Toxins and a number of parasites. ... The pig excretory system secretes 2 percent of its uric acid that is injurious for the human health”. This is scientifically proven. Everything that Allah says has a meaning he isn’t punishing us. He is helping us.

This is nonsense - pork eaten in moderation is very good for you. There is no evidence at all that people who eat pork are less healthy or die younger than people who don't. Why isn't pizza banned the Quran? I assure you that eating pizza every day will cause a lot more health problems than eating pork. Also why doesn't Allah give us all free will to decide what is/isn't healthy?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 198
Original post by YungLordRaf
there is no tl;dr lol its a discursive explication - I put forward a number of propositions and u tell me if you agree or disagree and my argument develops from there

The end point proves that there is a unique singularity that everything depends upon to exist while it depends upon nothing

@Hadupadu why not talk to this guy and see if his explanation of why God exists makes sense to you

Latest

Trending

Trending