Aroundincircles
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Trying to do some prep for choosing Bristol freshers accomm. I see you have to make 9 'preferences' but that most residences are either 1st preference only or 1st or 2nd preference only. My top choices would be Hiatt Baker Self Catered and Goldney but looks like I can't choose both? Could someone explain how this works please?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
yh im in the same boat can someone fill us in
Jeena_hunt5476
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
First year here. Pretty sure they scrapped the whole first preference second preference thing with the 9 preference system (I was told last year that you can put it the order you want and that there’s no “you have to put it as first preference”). Call accommodation office if you’re still worried

Also in Goldney Hall!
Aroundincircles
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Ooh, do you mind if I ask how are you finding Goldney? Pros/Cons? I’m so torn between Goldney & Hiatt Baker, Clifton & Stoke Bishop. Looking for a good social experience but not keen on being in a huge flat. I’ll give the accomm office a call, will be good if it has changed.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Aroundincircles)
Ooh, do you mind if I ask how are you finding Goldney? Pros/Cons? I’m so torn between Goldney & Hiatt Baker, Clifton & Stoke Bishop. Looking for a good social experience but not keen on being in a huge flat. I’ll give the accomm office a call, will be good if it has changed.
I’m going to PM as I don’t want my identity to be given away lol
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
See Accom Mega thread at top of forum page
damy27
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m going to PM as I don’t want my identity to be given away lol
Hi, I’m thinking of Goldney aswell. Do you mind pming me so I can ask a few questions?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by damy27)
Hi, I’m thinking of Goldney aswell. Do you mind pming me so I can ask a few questions?
Sorry just seen this! Go for it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (192)
43.84%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.19%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.99%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.78%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.5%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.71%

Watched Threads