The Student Room Group

What is it like Living in the UK

Im asking this because im American and me and my parents are going there for a vacation in 2 days

Scroll to see replies

Cold / bipolar weather
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Cold.

Well im bringing a coat then
Reply 3
Rain... and yes, cold.
Original post by mra1108
Rain... and yes, cold.

dam
That depends on who you ask, as everyone will have a different opinion. Some will talk trash about the UK, and others will have positive words to say about it. Personally, I think it is a country, the same as any other. All countries have pros and cons, but none are perfect.
Original post by DiamondGeezer
That depends on who you ask, as everyone will have a different opinion. Some will talk trash about the UK, and others will have positive words to say about it. Personally, I think it is a country, the same as any other. All countries have pros and cons, but none are perfect.

Facts
Reply 7
Original post by Among Us Cyan
Im asking this because im American and me and my parents are going there for a vacation in 2 days

How lol, nowhere is open. I wouldn't visit here, you could literally go to the Caribbean
my parents said somebody said were alllowed to go and stay in the UK for 4 days
As long we bring our mask
I'd be surprised if they let you in with the COVID restrictions. Not that many tourist attractions will be open anyway.
Crap, don't bother - find somewhere better.
Original post by spanker
Crap, don't bother - find somewhere better.

I still wanna go....
Reply 13
Original post by Among Us Cyan
my parents said somebody said were alllowed to go and stay in the UK for 4 days

Nowheres open though, it's not worth it. I could think of better places for a holiday lol
Bit cold and rainy atm, plus as others have said not many of our main attractions or hotels are open. Our nature is nice but that’s mostly in Scotland and I imagine you’ll probably be coming to London
Original post by Krsto
Nowheres open though, it's not worth it. I could think of better places for a holiday lol

For my family it is
It depends where your parents are visiting in the UK. Like the US it varies a lot. There are even four different languages spoken (English, Scots Gaelic, Welsh and Irish Gaelic).
Original post by Smeraldettoi
Bit cold and rainy atm, plus as others have said not many of our main attractions or hotels are open. Our nature is nice but that’s mostly in Scotland and I imagine you’ll probably be coming to London

Scotland
then england
Depends on where you go. South England is quite nice, in my view. I'd avoid Belfast, due to current 'political tension'. I live in north-west England, and unless you count getting mugged as a tourist attraction, wouldn't travel to large cities. At all.

Quick Reply

Latest