Should I bulk or carry on cutting?

Watch this thread
UnknownCosmos
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone!

I was just wondering whether I should carry on losing weight or should I bulk up now. I’ve been on a cutting down since November and I’ve been doing just cardio since January.

I’m going to start weight training next week Monday when the gyms open up.

I was 101kg in November. I am now 78k and my height is 175cm.

Here are some photos of me (they’re pretty rubbish lol) :

Schoolyr10-2020
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Cut for another 2 months so it’s a total of 6 months, then bulk for 2/3 months and cut again for 6
Krsto
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by UnknownCosmos)
Hello everyone!

I was just wondering whether I should carry on losing weight or should I bulk up now. I’ve been on a cutting down since November and I’ve been doing just cardio since January.

I'd say to continue cutting for a good few months, maybe step up the cardio depending on your routine
UnknownCosmos
Rep:
(Original post by Krsto)
I'd say to continue cutting for a good few months, maybe step up the cardio depending on your routine
I run for an hour three times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday).

Should I start weight lifting as well as doing cardio?
Krsto
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I run for an hour three times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday).

Should I start weight lifting as well as doing cardio?
Yes that could be a good idea, maybe even starting with body exercises like push ups
UnknownCosmos
Rep:
(Original post by Schoolyr10-2020)
Cut for another 2 months so it’s a total of 6 months, then bulk for 2/3 months and cut again for 6
What weight do you think I should reach?

I was also wondering about my chest fat. It’s not going away, like everything else is. Is it gyno or just normal fat?
UnknownCosmos
Rep:
(Original post by Krsto)
Yes that could be a good idea, maybe even starting with body exercises like push ups
I was thinking of doing the ICF 5x5 routine.

Even though I would be on a calorie deficit would I still be able to gain some muscle mass?
alevel20203
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I was thinking of doing the ICF 5x5 routine.

Even though I would be on a calorie deficit would I still be able to gain some muscle mass?
Yeah for sure, look into callisthenics on YouTube, or even for the best body weight workouts check out anabolic aliens they do workouts that hurt with no equipment
Nutritionist
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by alevel20203)
Yeah for sure, look into callisthenics on YouTube, or even for the best body weight workouts check out anabolic aliens they do workouts that hurt with no equipment
Hurting does not equal a good workout
Nutritionist
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Schoolyr10-2020)
Bulking for 2/3 month cycles then cutting for 6 would result in no muscle being gained
UnknownCosmos
Rep:
(Original post by Nutritionist)
Bulking for 2/3 month cycles then cutting for 6 would result in no muscle being gained
Thanks for the advice

What do you think I should do?
UnknownCosmos
Rep:
So I guess I should carry on cutting for a few more months and I’ll start lifting weights on Monday
Last edited by UnknownCosmos; 1 year ago
Proxenus
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
recomp is recommended for skinny fat
UnknownCosmos
Rep:
(Original post by Proxenus)
recomp is recommended for skinny fat
When doing recomp should I start a calorie surplus diet or still be on a deficit?

Sorry for all the questions.
student-73
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hello everyone!

Cut a lil more then start bulking
UnknownCosmos
Rep:
(Original post by student-73)
Cut a lil more then start bulking
what weight/body fat do you think would be enough?

How many calories should I aim for?
Last edited by UnknownCosmos; 1 year ago
Nutritionist
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for the advice

What do you think I should do?
If I was you I’d keep cutting steadily until around 10-12% body fat. At that point start a long and gradual bulk with a small/moderate surplus
UnknownCosmos
Rep:
If I was you I’d keep cutting steadily until around 10-12% body fat. At that point start a long and gradual bulk with a small/moderate surplus
I’ll carry cutting then.

What calorie intake do you recommend(I’ll be lifting weights and doing cardio)?
Nutritionist
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I’ll carry cutting then.

What calorie intake do you recommend(I’ll be lifting weights and doing cardio)?
If you’re still losing weight and find your current intake sustainable then continue with that
UnknownCosmos
Rep:
If you’re still losing weight and find your current intake sustainable then continue with that
Sure I’ll do that then.

Will I be able to make some muscle gain even on a cut, being that I am a newbie?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
18.52%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
11.11%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
14.81%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
11.11%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
25.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
18.52%

Watched Threads