HxTrinity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello!

I'm a bit confused on what sources AQA and Edexcel and other exam boards will publish for us students for this round of prelims/mocks. On The Telegram and other source networks that exam resources for 2021 will be published publicly. Personally, I'm not complaining that this is happening but I don't really understand it when you can give this paper to a tutor or a teacher and work through it before sitting the mock and you will almost guarantee to get a Grade 8 or 9. It doesn't make sense for AQA or Edexcel to do it but according to news articles they are. So far, they haven't really published anything but it does say after Easter.

However, if you look at social media platforms like Tik Tok. There are people who are publishing the 2020 papers which is what our Science Department used for our Mocks in December. Idk how they got access to these papers already when the news said that they will be published after the Easter the break, furthermore, I can't find the papers.

Can someone clear this up for me.

Thanks
imjustnormal
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
im sure they said 2019/2020 papers aren't going to be leaked /given as theyre being used as mock papers. However 19th april i think? theyre releasing the mini exam questions to students . hope that makes sense

a lot of papers have been leaked and the grade inflation is gonna be worser than last year imo. but we cant do anything about this just keep revising
Last edited by imjustnormal; 3 months ago
HxTrinity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by imjustnormal)
im sure they said 2019/2020 papers aren't going to be leaked /given as theyre being used as mock papers. However 19th april i think? theyre releasing the mini exam questions to students . hope that makes sense

a lot of papers have been leaked and the grade inflation is gonna be worser than last year imo. but we cant do anything about this just keep revising
Oh Right cool, mini exam seem good to practice on. However the people on Tik Tok who are posting 2020 papers will all get 9's. Honestly the grades this year is gonna be so high. Extremely Unfair
Last edited by HxTrinity; 3 months ago
imjustnormal
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by HxTrinity)
Oh Right cool, mini exam seem good to practice on. However the people on Tik Tok who are posting 2020 papers will all get 9's. Honestly the grades this year is gonna be so high. Extremely Unfair
yeah most schools are using them as tests though :/

yeah theyre selling them which is annoying af lmao. yeah its not fair at all but everyone knew this was gonna happen. the grade inflation is gonna be so high this year ffs. all my revising for nowt
14nmathew
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
yh AQA and Edexcel are not releasing the 2019 or 2020 papers. those are going to remain locked. You can check on twitter as they have posted it on there when someone asked.
okishman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 14nmathew)
yh AQA and Edexcel are not releasing the 2019 or 2020 papers. those are going to remain locked. You can check on twitter as they have posted it on there when someone asked.
yh I dont get why everyone is saying that will be released hehe
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by HxTrinity)
Teachers aren't stupod - one good grade won;t make this your assessment.

Cheats can easily be spotted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (61)
22.26%
Excited but a bit nervous (125)
45.62%
Not bothered either way (35)
12.77%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed