Bath Uni Eastwood accommodation

Watch this thread
jt1284
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was looking at the information on the website and still not sure what the difference between a "Standard bedroom with wash basin" and a "Standard bedroom with wash basin plus". The second one is more expensive, but it never mentioned why?

Here's the link: https://www.bath.ac.uk/student-accom...accommodation/

Any help would be much appreciated.
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jt1284)
I was looking at the information on the website and still not sure what the difference between a "Standard bedroom with wash basin" and a "Standard bedroom with wash basin plus". The second one is more expensive, but it never mentioned why?

Here's the link: https://www.bath.ac.uk/student-accom...accommodation/

Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi there,

I believe that the "plus" bedrooms are slightly newer and larger rooms. If you look at this table, you can see that the "plus" rooms are in houses 24-51 only, and I think these may be slightly newer with improved decor.

It may also be a mistake somewhere on the page, as previously it was that there were standard rooms without a washbasin, and standard rooms with a washbasin, which you can see in the room photos further down the webpage. Only some parts of the webpage have been updated from "standard bedroom" and "standard bedroom with washbasin", to "standard bedroom with washbasin" and "standard bedroom with washbasin plus". It may be that they've now added washbasins to all of the rooms, and the plus rooms are the slightly nicer ones. Unfortunately the website isn't 100% consistent, so it may be worth emailing the accommodation department to check. You can email them here: [email protected]

I hope this helped,
Jessica, a final year NatSci student
jt1284
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by University of Bath)
Hi there,

I believe that the "plus" bedrooms are slightly newer and larger rooms. If you look at this table, you can see that the "plus" rooms are in houses 24-51 only, and I think these may be slightly newer with improved decor.

It may also be a mistake somewhere on the page, as previously it was that there were standard rooms without a washbasin, and standard rooms with a washbasin, which you can see in the room photos further down the webpage. Only some parts of the webpage have been updated from "standard bedroom" and "standard bedroom with washbasin", to "standard bedroom with washbasin" and "standard bedroom with washbasin plus". It may be that they've now added washbasins to all of the rooms, and the plus rooms are the slightly nicer ones. Unfortunately the website isn't 100% consistent, so it may be worth emailing the accommodation department to check. You can email them here: [email protected]

I hope this helped,
Jessica, a final year NatSci student
Okay thank you so much.
Also just wondering if Bath is doing in person accommodation tours or if everything is still virtual (and if so are they still happening or have I missed them completely)?
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi there,

Just jumping in here for Jessica! If you have been given an offer for Bath, you are able to book an in person applicant day, which includes looking at accommodation, which I believe you will emailed about. In turn, you can also book an in person general campus tour or a virtual campus tour with a student ambassador using this link here, but these tours only include looking at accommodation from the outside. The accommodation website is the best place to go if you cannot attend in person, as it has lots of useful information about accommodation and also includes 360 degree room tours, which you can check out here.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask

Isobel (A Final Year Sociology Student)
lastwave
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Just for anyone wondering, I did some digging and I think one additional feature the plus rooms have is cleaning. On the website, it states there is no cleaning for houses 1-23 which are the non-plus rooms.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (30)
30.93%
They're exactly what I expected (27)
27.84%