The Student Room Group

Which uni is more prestigious?

Edinburgh or Bristol or Durham? I will be studying BSc economics so need some opinion. Which is more prestigious overall and for economics?
(edited 3 years ago)
No idea but I would check league tables as it’s not always about prestige but they do give some indicator towards this.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Legiterspams
Edinburgh or Bristol or Durham? I will be studying BSc economics so need some opinion. I am international student. Which is more prestigious overall and for economics especially?

they are all second/third tier level prestige, so the fact that Durham may be marginally more prestigious than Edinburgh is NOT a sensible criteria for choosing between these unis. for such similar prestigious unis, look at the course structure and offerings as well as the social life and environment of the uni.
Really miniscule differences.

Pick the one at a place you want to live for the next 3/4 years.
If by prestige, you mean graduate prospects etc. look at that. Look into the career services the university has, do they have a society/club related to what career you may be interested in?

When you graduate having those on your CV in addition to the university will matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending