The Student Room Group

How do people my age meet people?

I'm 24, and I'd like to meet someone. I'd like something long term but I feel like it's difficult to meet new people. I don't do anything to meet new people, I'm no longer at uni, work with the same people, and I go to the gym but it's not really the place to meet others.

I know there are apps like tinder, but they're usually just for people who want hookups.

So how do people meet people?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 24, and I'd like to meet someone. I'd like something long term but I feel like it's difficult to meet new people. I don't do anything to meet new people, I'm no longer at uni, work with the same people, and I go to the gym but it's not really the place to meet others.

I know there are apps like tinder, but they're usually just for people who want hookups.

So how do people meet people?

R u a guy or girl? What’s ur sexuality?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
R u a guy or girl? What’s ur sexuality?

Girl and I'm straight
Reply 3
The 2 of my kids currently in long term relationships (3 years-ish) met their girlfriends on Tinder.
Reply 4
Do you live close to your friends? I would say when lockdown is lifted you can go to bars- you could meet guys there. If you have any specific interests you could join groups or sporting clubs for said activity. You could try bumble or hinge- they're more for people who want something more than sex.

Quick Reply