The Student Room Group

Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daisydoisy
Do all universities inform you once you’ve been nominated? Has anyone heard from Sussex?

"Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the CSC in May 2021. ... Universities will inform candidates of their results in July 2021. Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria: Academic merit of the candidate...." This is just mid May, you have the all of this week an next week...I copied this answer from google for you.
Original post by Tulelolela
"Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the CSC in May 2021. ... Universities will inform candidates of their results in July 2021. Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria: Academic merit of the candidate...." This is just mid May, you have the all of this week an next week...I copied this answer from google for you.

Further,
"Nomination or Reservation

After your application has been considered together with other applications, each institution will nominate the successful candidates according to the number of slots available to them. For instance, if an institution has five scholarship slots, they will nominate five successful candidates and another five will be placed on reserve. The reserve is to replace accordingly any nominated candidate who decides to reject the offer for whatsoever reason. Afterward, the universities usually send emails to all the successful candidates."

This is from an article from a former scholar called Sunday Okar...
Ohh. I had read that but I had no idea that the university informs you when you’ve been nominated. Thanks!
Do all universities inform you once you’ve been nominated? Has anyone heard from Sussex?

"Nomination or Reservation

After your application has been considered together with other applications, each institution will nominate the successful candidates according to the number of slots available to them. For instance, if an institution has five scholarship slots, they will nominate five successful candidates and another five will be placed on reserve. The reserve is to replace accordingly any nominated candidate who decides to reject the offer for whatsoever reason. Afterward, the universities usually send emails to all the successful candidates."

Yoi may find this useful. Its from an article by a formee scholar.
Ohh. I had read that but I had no idea that the university informs you when you’ve been nominated. Thanks!

It says usually so that not definite but maybe the author dint have his facts right.
It says usually so that not definite but maybe the author dint have his facts right.

According to former Shared scholars. They usually inform all those who are nominated before the CSC confirms the award. The CSC then sends medical forms that needs to be returned back to them before they can send the final award from for visa application. If your medical check-up comes with some problems (like TB or something, you usually lose the award since you can't get the visa if you test positive for TB)
Original post by Ochieng_Pascal
According to former Shared scholars. They usually inform all those who are nominated before the CSC confirms the award. The CSC then sends medical forms that needs to be returned back to them before they can send the final award from for visa application. If your medical check-up comes with some problems (like TB or something, you usually lose the award since you can't get the visa if you test positive for TB)

Thankyou. Exactly what I waa trying to say is in the 2nd sentence. The term USUALLY is not a definite term. It entails that it may be otherwise.
Rejection email from Glasgow...:frown::frown:

Reference Number: 5415454

Thank you for your application for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship, at the University of Glasgow.

We received a very large number of high-quality applications and the competition was extremely strong for the small number of places available. We realise it may be disappointing, but we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for nomination on this occasion.

For information on internal and external scholarship opportunities, please see http://www.gla.ac.uk/scholarships/ . You can use the search facility to search by level of study and by country. Information on how to apply for external sources of funding are detailed below each scholarship on the above page.

Once again, thank you for your application.

Kind regards,

Chen Meng

Scholarships Team

External Relations

1 The Square, Glasgow, G12 8QQ

The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401
Nomination email or shortlist?
I just got another nomination email from Queen Margaret University (MSc Applied Global Health). I actually thought they had sent all emails by last week. So if your university hasn't reached out yet just be patient as your nomination email might be coming soon.

Congratulations. Just to clarify: a nomination or shortlist? And when did you get it?
Anyone from Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, India? Just taking count of the nationalities we have here

Nigeria
I just got another nomination email from Queen Margaret University (MSc Applied Global Health). I actually thought they had sent all emails by last week. So if your university hasn't reached out yet just be patient as your nomination email might be coming soon.

I’m asking because QMU conducted interviews for shortlisted candidate; weren’t you interviewed?
Rejection email from Glasgow...:frown::frown:

Reference Number: 5415454

Thank you for your application for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship, at the University of Glasgow.

We received a very large number of high-quality applications and the competition was extremely strong for the small number of places available. We realise it may be disappointing, but we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for nomination on this occasion.

For information on internal and external scholarship opportunities, please see http://www.gla.ac.uk/scholarships/ . You can use the search facility to search by level of study and by country. Information on how to apply for external sources of funding are detailed below each scholarship on the above page.

Once again, thank you for your application.

Kind regards,

Chen Meng

Scholarships Team

External Relations

1 The Square, Glasgow, G12 8QQ

The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401

I received the same. Guess commonwealth scholarship isn’t for me this year. Goodluck to all the nominees
Has anyone recieved a message saying they've been nominated today?
Has anyone recieved a message saying they've been nominated today?

A rejection mail from Glasgow. But I was shortlisted by QMU and was interviewed. Waiting for the outcome.
Reply 95
Original post by drlutayo
A rejection mail from Glasgow. But I was shortlisted by QMU and was interviewed. Waiting for the outcome.

What course did you apply for at QMU?

Thanks. The shortlisting though, did it come today?
Original post by Idris_
What course did you apply for at QMU?

Mental Health and Psychosocial Support; what about you?
Thanks. The shortlisting though, did it come today?

No, Thursday.
No, Thursday.

Why does it look like there is no positive news after 17th?😂😂😭😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending