Traits successful ambition women want in a guy

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What are some of the things a guy aged 28 should work towards in order to become attractive for an ambitious woman? I'm talking in terms of self improvement, how much is reasonable salary at this age as a bare minimum and does driving nice cars like Audi help become more attractive?
Qxi.xli
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do it for yourself, not for a woman. Make your own goals.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What are some of the things a guy aged 28 should work towards in order to become attractive for an ambitious woman? I'm talking in terms of self improvement, how much is reasonable salary at this age as a bare minimum and does driving nice cars like Audi help become more attractive?
Any guy aged 25 and over on less than £50k a year is already a loser
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You expect 26 year olds to make 50K?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by V℮rsions)
You expect 26 year olds to make 50K?
I am in my mid twenties and I do; I don’t think it’s an unreasonable expectation at all. Probably about my age groups average salary
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
An ambitious woman wants the same traits in a relationship as any other sensible woman; love, trust, loyalty, communication, some shared interests and values, a sense of humour and someone who isn't daft enough to think a car makes you more attractive.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
I don’t care about ur salary or your car. It’s your ambition and attitude that is more important. I want to see that you are proactive in bettering your self. You are always seeking opportunities to learn and have goals that you are actively working towards.

Personally, I also care about your education history. I acknowledge academic achievement doesn’t always equate to success in general, but it is important to me. Your uni, grades, potential postgrads are all factors that I would look at.

Of course, I would make sure I also meet all the aforementioned ‘criteria’ before demanding them from my significant other. Ideally, I don’t want my partner to be less educated than I am.
FluffyAkitaBoy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Personally, I also care about your education history. I acknowledge academic achievement doesn’t always equate to success in general, but it is important to me. Your uni, grades, potential postgrads are all factors that I would look at.
your grades? if I get a merit in my postgrad, does that make me hot af?
FlatearthFTW
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Everyone under the age of 45 in academia is a loser then.
stem_leader
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Forget the money and cars, know who you are. Be confident in yourself, love yourself, grow as a person every day. Be interested and curious in the world so that you have interesting things to share. Be unconditionally supportive and help all those around you succeed in being the best that they can be. Have friends. Take care of your appearance. Be emotionally open to love (this is so much more attractive than you'll know, get over your past lovers and be 100% with the woman you'll meet in the future).Show respect for yourself, growth for yourself, confidence in yourself.

The money and associated status are unimportant and if you think they important then you are selecting the wrong women... The definition of a successful woman is wrong, as a successful woman also reflects those things above and is growing every day. The hardest thing in life is to be an awesome human, money is a trivial distraction (a quantitative measure when it's the qualitative that matters). Just be the best version of you that you can be, and strive to be that every day.
Last edited by stem_leader; 4 weeks ago
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ambitious women want the same as non ambitious women. They want kind, caring, funny, helpful, sincere guys.

I have been out with people with money, looks and power: the ones I know have a massive list of requirements, and God help you if you do not tick every box on that list.

Just to prove my own point, a person I have recently got to know who ticks all the above (correct) boxes is phoning me at 10.30am.

I feel honoured that he wishes to speak to me and has taken an interest in me.

Wish me luck...

He may just want to be friends with me, but even so, I would gladly snatch his hand off to have even that.
Last edited by Oxford Mum; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by FluffyAkitaBoy)
your grades? if I get a merit in my postgrad, does that make me hot af?
Not as hot as a distinction x
Evaaeri
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ignore the salary troll, she’s clearly inexperienced with no children and no real understanding what a real man is. One of the worst person I’ve ever dated was a banker who was on £100,000k- an absolute idiot who would say thing like ‘women are so lazy- they take one year of to have a child.’, would call at 3 to see if he can come over and watch Netflix. It didn’t last And he is up for grabs so maybe the lady with £50,k plus’s as her only requirement can benefit haha. Meanwhile.
My husband works in Westminster; doesn’t earn 50,k but what a husband he is. He wakes up to feed our baby as I find it hard to fall asleep, we did a 100 miles hike during our honeymoon and went to places I’ve always dreamed about and on a little budget; he is caring and kind and puts me first a lot without being a doormat. He has modern views on gender equality and doesn’t expect our little girl to be a pink princess but a future CEO. He discusses academic articles with me and we talk a lot. Sex life is good as well.

So to the man who wants to be attractive of say:
Work on your kindness and caring nature- you will make your partner happy and you will weed out the dumb lasses who would prefer a rich players instead- good riddance.

Review your gender expectations- a successful woman will need true support with things such as childcare so that she can be a mum and a professional / academic.

Learn and grow so that you offer mental and emotional stimulation.

Everything else will come. With both of us earning less than 50 k per person in our 30s we have a 4 bed house by the sea, jobs we love and a marriage which builds us up. It’s good enough for me.
Jennifer 123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The main thing for an ambitious woman is probably a guy who is also ambitious, who looks ahead and has goals in life. Also the general not being misogynistic/racist/homophobic helps. Honestly, I think most women will be turned off by a guy who thinks women's main priority is the guy's car or salary, it makes it appear that they're shallow and immature.
Anonymous #1
I am in my mid twenties and I do; I don’t think it’s an unreasonable expectation at all. Probably about my age groups average salary
And how do you expect lots of people to make that much? Through just a job?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
And how do you expect lots of people to make that much? Through just a job?
Well I do. It’s not THAT hard
Anonymous #1
Well I do. It’s not THAT hard
You make it sound easy, what do you work as if you don't mind me asking?
stem_leader
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You make it sound easy, what do you work as if you don't mind me asking?
Want to know how to earn more money? Focus on personal growth in all ways.

Because when you do that, that is the recipe for drive and ambition... and that is what makes you attractive to others, and imbues you with the skills to very quickly climb the career progression ladder no matter what industry you are in.

If you get this the wrong way around and focus on the money without the growth, it will eventually come back to you. Your relationships will be shallow, and your career will hit a ceiling as you hadn't actually equipped yourself with the learning to keep climbing.

Forget wealth and money, and ignore those who focus on it. Yes ensure you are paid what you are worth in your profession, but only personal growth will see you through to a full, rich, happy life. Money alone doesn't do it, there are multiple people in this thread speaking from experience and I earn a stupendous amount (enough to end all **** size contests that may arise from the discussion) and I know very deeply how empty that is. Everything in my life worth anything did not come from money.

Personal growth is what matters, everything else flows from that. Just live your best life and improve who you are every day.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
And how successful are you when it comes to dating and relationships?

Too flashy a car is a turn off for many women. Because of the feeling that the man loves his car more than his girlfriend. Or that he's vain or that he thinks he has to have flashy status symbols in order to attract anyone because there's nothing of substance under the skin.

Reasonable salary? Just about anything better than long term welfare benefits is OK.

What counts is not so much how much he's earning, but whether he's compatible when it comes to money in general. Earning it, spending it saving it.

Self improvement covers a whole lot more than salary and cars.

The main thing that a man can do to have romantic success is to meet and get talking to a lot of women. Nothing will ever happen if 2 people never meet.

Sales skills - in the broadest sense of the term - count for a lot during the initial meeting stages. If the man can't sell himself well to the women that he meets then that reduces the chances of anything meaningful happening.

And then once they are an item it's compatability in a few key areas that determine if they stay happily together or not. Sexual compatability, number of children desired, basic approach to raising children, how they resolve conflict.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (129)
34.96%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (49)
13.28%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (22)
5.96%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (36)
9.76%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (49)
13.28%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (43)
11.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (41)
11.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise