The Student Room Group

University during the pandemic.

Hey guys,

I’m a second year Criminal Justice and Criminology student. I was wondering how people have found uni during the pandemic and how well they think they have done?

I have mixed emotions towards this year personally with my grades and it keeps playing on my mind. I hope someone feels the same! 😅
Original post by Bameyx
Hey guys,

I’m a second year Criminal Justice and Criminology student. I was wondering how people have found uni during the pandemic and how well they think they have done?

I have mixed emotions towards this year personally with my grades and it keeps playing on my mind. I hope someone feels the same! 😅

Hi there @Bameyx

You are most definitely not alone I promise, not only have I had similar experiences, but I know a number of students who also feel the same and we're spread up and down the country!

If you're feeling really down I would recommend speaking to those around you, some times just getting things off your chest can help. Or seeking support from your university's wellbeing services.

If you are having mixed emotions about your grades, I would recommend talking to your tutor, they will be able to provide you hopefully with some useful words of support or nuggets of wisdom that might be able to help you. I would further suggest speaking to your lecturers for those given grades as they are likely able to go through an assessment with you (good or bad) and tell you what was good, what went wrong, and how to improve.

I promise you are not alone though.
Good luck and all the best,
Cat, York St John University Student Ambassador
Reply 2
Original post by Cat Tonge (YSJU Student Ambassador)
Hi there @Bameyx

You are most definitely not alone I promise, not only have I had similar experiences, but I know a number of students who also feel the same and we're spread up and down the country!

If you're feeling really down I would recommend speaking to those around you, some times just getting things off your chest can help. Or seeking support from your university's wellbeing services.

If you are having mixed emotions about your grades, I would recommend talking to your tutor, they will be able to provide you hopefully with some useful words of support or nuggets of wisdom that might be able to help you. I would further suggest speaking to your lecturers for those given grades as they are likely able to go through an assessment with you (good or bad) and tell you what was good, what went wrong, and how to improve.

I promise you are not alone though.
Good luck and all the best,
Cat, York St John University Student Ambassador

Thank you so much! 😊

Quick Reply