The Student Room Group

German help

I need to answer a questioning asking what the best character traits to find a new job is and another question asking if having a university degree is important.
Does anyone have any german phrases I could use? x
Also any higher level phrases I could add in would be of great help
Hi,

You can use "Ich bin davon überzeugt, dass..." (I am convinced that) for the first question. For example, Ich bin davon überzeugt, dass eine fleißige Person am besten ist" - I'm convinced that a hard working person is best. (dass is a subordinating conjunction)

For the second question, you may want to use the subjunctive II - a "wenn" clause, to talk about what a degree can do for you. For example "Wenn ich ein Hochschulabschluss hätte, würde ich intelligent scheinen." - If I had a degree, I would appear to be intelligent.

A phrase I use alot is "daran gibt es keinen Zweifel" (There is no doubt about that), but this would follow an opinion - "Ich sehe gern fern - daran gibt es keinen Zweifel"

Hope this helps
Original post by natecb2004
Hi,

You can use "Ich bin davon überzeugt, dass..." (I am convinced that) for the first question. For example, Ich bin davon überzeugt, dass eine fleißige Person am besten ist" - I'm convinced that a hard working person is best. (dass is a subordinating conjunction)

For the second question, you may want to use the subjunctive II - a "wenn" clause, to talk about what a degree can do for you. For example "Wenn ich ein Hochschulabschluss hätte, würde ich intelligent scheinen." - If I had a degree, I would appear to be intelligent.

A phrase I use alot is "daran gibt es keinen Zweifel" (There is no doubt about that), but this would follow an opinion - "Ich sehe gern fern - daran gibt es keinen Zweifel"

Hope this helps

Thank u so much! These phrases helped me so much :smile: I just hope my word order is ok- I struggle with that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending