The Student Room Group

SLC / Running out of livelihood

The situation in which I found myself is a disaster. So I have problems with the student loans company. My application is in withdrawn for some time (allegedly they are still processing the data), long enough to get me an excluded student status.The second thing is a maintenance loan. I am not eligible for the loan because I wasn't in the UK before 1st September. Well, I wasn't indeed. THAT'S BECAUSE MY FLIGHT HAD BEEN CANCELLED due to COVID. Only on September 9, I managed to find a random bus that went to the UK and I took myself with him. The Lady on the phone said: " Well, IT HAPPENS " and "There cannot be another date because it will not match in the paperwork", which was like a slap to my face. I took all my life savings to study in the UK and I am right now running out of them because I was jobless the whole time (due to COVID). When I finally found a job (early April) the payment is barely enough to cover my accommodation fee and food.

I have no idea what to do because I have by now literally no life savings, excluded/blocked student status, unpaid tuition fee, "ban" for a maintenance loan for my whole course period and for 2 months I need to move out of my student hall but I still need to work and I have nowhere to stay.

I have no idea what to do, I basically ruined my life coming here. I cannot get ML because of one date, because COVID because the flight had been cancelled not of my fault yet I have to "pay" for it.

Does anyone have a word of advice? I feel like this is making no sense to continuing it... My mental health is a mess, I feel so empty and broken at the same time.
(edited 3 years ago)
This has now been moved to the Ask Student Finance England forum, hopefully they will be able to advise further on the status of your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending