The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Can you choose Entry Requirements

For a university like Imperial College London who requires A*A*A or A*AAA if you do 4 a levels, would you be able to choose the first option if you do 4 a levels and your fourth was a grade B instead of the A required ?
Original post by Black Sensei
For a university like Imperial College London who requires A*A*A or A*AAA if you do 4 a levels, would you be able to choose the first option if you do 4 a levels and your fourth was a grade B instead of the A required ?

Link to course page please.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

They will make you an offer (not the same as entry requirements) you don't pick. They may decide that if you don't meet your exact offer they will take you anyway.
Original post by EierVonSatan
They will make you an offer (not the same as entry requirements) you don't pick. They may decide that if you don't meet your exact offer they will take you anyway.

Oh I see, that makes sense, thank you! How would they take someone if they wouldn't meet the exact offer?
Oh I see, that makes sense, thank you! How would they take someone if they wouldn't meet the exact offer?

Quite often in recent years (pre-Covid) certain courses aren't filled up by people accepting their offers - so they accepted similar offers say A*AB instead of AAA or lower grades like ABB
Quite often in recent years (pre-Covid) certain courses aren't filled up by people accepting their offers - so they accepted similar offers say A*AB instead of AAA or lower grades like ABB

Ah I see thank you, I assume that would be much less likely post covid
Ah I see thank you, I assume that would be much less likely post covid

Indeed, universities are probably quite worried about the incoming avalanche of A*/A grades and having to take more students than they can possibly manage - hurting everyone.
Indeed, universities are probably quite worried about the incoming avalanche of A*/A grades and having to take more students than they can possibly manage - hurting everyone.

Would this continue into 2022 entry would you say?
Would this continue into 2022 entry would you say?

Yes to an extent but not as bad - assuming things get better through the rest of this year.
Yes to an extent but not as bad - assuming things get better through the rest of this year.

Ok thank you! I hope they can :smile:

Quick Reply