Media production in Bournemouth University vs UCA Farnham

Watch this thread
penguin_96
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I got offers from both Bournemouth University MA Post Production Editing and UCA MA Digital Media, and am contemplating between them.
As I decided to study MA to get a job in media production field, employability is the most important factor for me as well as practical course contents and the university's reputation.
According to what I've found so far, Bournemouth University provides quite lots of job opportunities and industry-like experiences, while UCA's ranking is higher in Guardian League Table.

So, I want to hear others' opinions about those universities.
As I'm an international student, whether to give a face-to-face class is also important as I want to learn practical skills and get actual experiences.

Could you give me any advice about where to choose between them?
Many thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinions!
username5477660
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by penguin_96)
Hi, I got offers from both Bournemouth University MA Post Production Editing and UCA MA Digital Media, and am contemplating between them.
As I decided to study MA to get a job in media production field, employability is the most important factor for me as well as practical course contents and the university's reputation.
According to what I've found so far, Bournemouth University provides quite lots of job opportunities and industry-like experiences, while UCA's ranking is higher in Guardian League Table.

So, I want to hear others' opinions about those universities.
As I'm an international student, whether to give a face-to-face class is also important as I want to learn practical skills and get actual experiences.

Could you give me any advice about where to choose between them?
Many thanks for sharing your thoughts and opinions!
Avoid UCA Farnham, disorganised, you submit your work, the tutor loses it And then you can't resubmit it, no contact time with the University, Leaders don't care, they don't answer emails, etc etc.
username5477660
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Go for NFTS in London, Arts Bournemouth is good too.
Bahar28
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I’m in the exact same situation as you are. Which one did you choose finally ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads