UCL Accomodation on a Budget

Watch
Larniegiz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
A message from my boyfriend: I've been reading up on accomodation at UCL, I am an undergrad on a serious budget. I have seen that I cannot request particular halls. I know that they will take into consideration my budget but I am seriously concerned that I will end up in accomodation I cannot afford. I'm pretty sure I'm predicted a maintainence loan of about 6000-7000. I understand finding accomodation in that price range for UCL, my chances are slim. However, I've seen a couple halls for about £130 p/w but surely they'll be snatched up? My worry is that I will firm UCL, and then when I get allocated my accomodation in July and I can't afford it. I'm totally screwed.

Can someone who has gone to UCL or know more about the accomodation process let me know roughly what chances are of me getting an actual budget friendly accomodation? This will seriously influence me firming them.

Or if anyone can recommend some private first year halls that are a little cheaper, please let me know.

TIA
Last edited by Larniegiz; 3 months ago
the_cosmo_guy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
1. so, its not first come first served so as long as you apply before the deadline you have an equal chance to get a place
2. I would recommed you putting down the lowest budget possible and I think you could select what your priority is ( like you want cheap accommodation)
3. you might have a chance at Max Rayne as not so many prefer it since its not that close to UCL
4. you can switch halls once you settle in around Oct./Nov. if places are still available
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.3%
Excited but a bit nervous (129)
44.95%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.54%
I'm really nervous (58)
20.21%

Watched Threads