WHICH ONE ?? University of Leeds vs Sheffield - Civil engineering

Watch
username5378768
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Idk which one to pick as my firm I'm leaning towards university of leeds as the university campus and area seems alot nicer as leeds is a bigger city. Ik they are quite similar but if anyone could help me try and decide between the 2 and try narrow down my preference that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
username5574196
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How about you apply to unis like UCL, ICL, LSE, KCL or QMUoL?? If you put in the work and block out distractions i.e. social media you’ve got a lot of potential. Please reconsider your life choices. You can do it ✊
username5378768
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kawalas108)
How about you apply to unis like UCL, ICL, LSE, KCL or QMUoL?? If you put in the work and block out distractions i.e. social media you’ve got a lot of potential. Please reconsider your life choices. You can do it ✊
I've considered all of those unis already QMU doesnt do civl eng UCL civil eng department is bad literallly everywhere are bad reviews , ICL is impossible they ask for A*A*A, LSE and KCL dont do civil engineering. I've got 1 month left of school im predcited an AAB . UNiversity is my plan B anyway im hoping to do a degree apprenticeship.

Also, ive already been given my 5 ucas offers of the leeds, sheffield, exeter, brimingham and bath. Bath is asking for A*AA which i wont be able to get
Last edited by username5378768; 2 months ago
username5574196
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by S.xrosh)
I've considered all of those unis already QMU doesnt do civl eng UCL civil eng department is bad literallly everywhere are bad reviews , ICL is impossible they ask for A*A*A, LSE doesnt do civil engineering. I've got 1 month left of school im predcited an AAB . UNiversity is my plan B anyway im hoping to do a degree apprenticeship.

Also, ive already been given my 5 ucas offers of the leeds, sheffield, exeter, brimingham and bath. Bath is asking for A*AA which i wont be able to get
Wdym you can’t achieve A*AA for Bath. That lack of optimism and belief in yourself is what is deterring you from applying to these highly prestigious universities. There was once a time where I was performing bad in maths. I was getting like 30/80 in the AS Level maths which was a D. I decided to delete social media and only used my phone for alarms. I kept doing past papers then within a month I started achieving like 55/80 then I ended getting 75/80. Now it’s impossible for me to get below 90% in maths. People always ask me how did I get so good at maths and I never tell them so consider this beneficial (don’t mean to come off as arrogant). Trust me anything is possible. In my opinion I think you can get into Bath!
username5378768
Rep:
?
Wdym you can’t achieve A*AA for Bath. That lack of optimism and belief in yourself is what is deterring you from applying to these highly prestigious universities. There was once a time where I was performing bad in maths. I was getting like 30/80 in the AS Level maths which was a D. I decided to delete social media and only used my phone for alarms. I kept doing past papers then within a month I started achieving like 55/80 then I ended getting 75/80. Now it’s impossible for me to get below 90% in maths. People always ask me how did I get so good at maths and I never tell them so consider this beneficial (don’t mean to come off as arrogant). Trust me anything is possible. In my opinion I think you can get into Bath!
i've got 40 days left of school as i said university is my plan B an A*AA isn't possible especially with A level maths physics and chemistry
username5574196
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i've got 40 days left of school as i said university is my plan B an A*AA isn't possible especially with A level maths physics and chemistry
40 days? I learned the whole AS level Chemistry syllabus in 2 weeks. You got plenty of time brother. I don’t know nothing about apprenticeships. I’m in year 12 and I’m planning on doing dropping Economics in year 13 so I can do Maths, Physics and Chemistry 😂😂. Goodluck bro, sorry there’s not much I can do.
username5378768
Rep:
?
40 days? I learned the whole AS level Chemistry syllabus in 2 weeks. You got plenty of time brother. I don’t know nothing about apprenticeships. I’m in year 12 and I’m planning on doing dropping Economics in year 13 so I can do Maths, Physics and Chemistry 😂😂. Goodluck bro, sorry there’s not much I can do.
Bro you're in year 12 you still have the the end of y12 + y13 to get through it'll get alot harder once u touch y13. Idk how u learned AS chem in 2 weeks thats just impossible seems like an exaggeration to me. Physcis is a myth of a subject if u get an A hats off to u. Chem is the easiest of the 3. Maths is practice. I assume u want to go to 'presitige' unis so if thats ur goals then saty on top of ur stuff. But what i will say is prestige means nothing now u can go oxford and get a 2:2 and go loughborough and and get a 1st and the graduate with the 1st is in a better position. An apprenitceship is > uni. Employers dont care what uni u go to anymore the value is in the work experience. With a degree apprenticeship i get a full uni degree + 6 years of work expereince therefor at the end of my programme ill be more employable than any graduate with more skills , no student loan debt stuff, a salary for 6 years , many more industry connections etc etc
I suggest u research apprenticeships if ur going down the engineering route like me.
Last edited by username5378768; 2 months ago
username5574196
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Bro you're in year 12 you still have the the end of y12 + y13 to get through it'll get alot harder once u touch y13. Idk how u learned AS chem in 2 weeks thats just impossible seems like an exaggeration to me. Physcis is a myth of a subject if u get an A hats off to u. Chem is the easiest of the 3. Maths is practice. I assume u want to go to 'presitige' unis so if thats ur goals then saty on top of ur stuff. But what i will say is prestige means nothing now u can go oxford and get a 2:2 and go loughborough and and get a 1st and the graduate with the 1st is in a better position. An apprenitceship is > uni. Employers dont care what uni u go to anymore the value is in the work experience. With a degree apprenticeship i get a full uni degree + 6 years of work expereince therefor at the end of my programme ill be more employable than any graduate with more skills , no student loan debt stuff, a salary for 6 years , many more industry connections etc etc
I suggest u research apprenticeships if ur going down the engineering route like me.
Icl physics is a myth of a subject. I’m revising it the most this Easter because I’ve revised chem and maths. Econ is calm but physics isnt 😂😂😂. Nah fr, I don’t know how you managed to put up with it for two whole years. The chem was kinda an exaggeration because I was already at c meaning I had a lot of background knowledge. Anything is possible if u put ur mind to it. My physics teacher told me once I get good at the exam technique for physics I would get A’s and the only way to improve exam technique is via attempting as much past papers as you can. Goodluck bro
username5378768
Rep:
?
Icl physics is a myth of a subject. I’m revising it the most this Easter because I’ve revised chem and maths. Econ is calm but physics will make you consider cuttin yourself 😂😂😂. Nah fr, I don’t know how you managed to put up with it for two whole years. The chem was kinda an exaggeration because I was already at c meaning I had a lot of background knowledge. Anything is possible if u put ur mind to it. My physics teacher told me once I get good at the exam technique for physics I would get A’s and the only way to improve exam technique is via attempting as much past papers as you can. Goodluck bro
You will be fine if you keep on top of ur stuff and consistently revise. An A in physics was never possible for me as i stepped foot into y13 but u can get it definitely if u work hard enough. An A* was never possible for me due to corona missing months of y12 and y13 and online learning so ur in a much better position than me. An A* in Maths and Chem isn't as hard as in physics so if u keep at it and polish ur exam technique then its certainly possible. From talking to u , u seem like a high acheiving student. But again I strongly STRONGLY advise u to learn about apprenticeships. Because when i got intorduced to them because like u i never knew anything about them and i learned more about them and compares it to uni. 100% its is a far better option than going uni in terms of career path and basically everything. I came to realise i hate memorising stuff for no reason which is what the uk education system is. once i left y11 all content left my brain why cos i memorised it i never learnt anything. appreitceships u learn in uni and apply it at work so it sticks u can master ur passion. where full time uni is just 3 years of sixth from again but its just the subject that u like + field trips and projects. thats why employers complain when they see graduates dont know what to do in thr work place cos all they did was 'learn' for their uni examinations. eventhough now u can get placements n stuff in uni. but still 6 years of experience > 6month-1 year placement with ur uni in 1 year theres not much u will be able to do. anyways i again SUGGEST u look into degree and normal apprenticeships and compare it to full time uni. i was introduced to it around halfway through y12 through my cousin who is currentl doing an apprenitceship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
28.24%
No (244)
71.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed