The Student Room Group

Law with psychology

How much maths is there in the psychology side of the course, anyone know??
A BPS accredited psychology course will include a fair bit of scientific content, which will involve a fair bit of stats. However, for a course where you're only studying psychology as the "minor" subject, you may be able to "avoid" some of the more scientific/stats heavy modules (and you may not be able to take some of the ones that really focus on that, in research methods or similar).

That said there is the risk that by not having those stats focused modules in your program, you will be assumed to have that background in any of the second/third year optional psychology modules, and then you might find them a bit harder without being able to interpret the data presented in those courses potentially. If you really strongly dislike maths or are very weak at it, it might be best to just avoid any psychology based courses as a result (including a course like law with psychology, even where the latter is only a "minor" subject in the degree and makes up less than half the course).
Reply 2
Aw thank you so much for your response. Maths isn't my best but I'm not awful how difficult does it get in that sense and the scientific aspects?
Original post by 14wahabm
Aw thank you so much for your response. Maths isn't my best but I'm not awful how difficult does it get in that sense and the scientific aspects?

Put it this way, my daughter needed a maths tutor just to pass GCSE maths and she could cope with a Psychology degree just fine. It's mainly stats and you do get help from the uni in learning how to do it. It was her least favourite part of the course but she enjoyed everything else.

Her A levels were Psychology, English and Economics btw, she wasn't much of a scientist either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending