The Student Room Group

Why am i still hurting 4 months after being ghosted?

We knew each other for 3 years and used to talk for hours everyday for so long and i really enjoyed our conversations and we had a lot in common too. He knew about all the trauma i had suffered, my mental health issues and the fact that i was dealing with a passing of a family member
He was the modest type who had never been in a relationship before and he finally admitted to liking me so we decided to go out.

He said he would never hurt me and would be by my side.
After months of anticipation and telling me how excited he was to see me after such a long time (we live in different countries now) when i returned to my home town for a month he sort of disappeared even though he was still posting on his social media. He knew i bought him a late present as his birthday was in November but now its collecting dust in my cupboard. Couldn't manage to throw it out.

When i look back on it he was very emotionally abusive and would constantly put me down. Its like he acted like i was beneath him. I always treated him with kindness and was there for him when no one else was so i dont know why i cant get him out of my head.

He still has my number for some reason and watches all my stories but even seeing his name makes me feel so bitter and disgusted with myself. I cant stand it and pray i can just forget about it. I feel ashamed to say it but it genuinely fills me rage and hurt.
Block him on everything. You had a really close bond with him and then he ignores you. It is completely natural to feel how you are and it hurts because you have no closure on this, you cannot understand what you done wrong when really you have done nothing wrong here. Ghosting someone is cowardly and it causes feelings of stress and anxiety on the injured party. The guy who has ghosted you has shown you no respect in doing so and chose the easiest (and most selfish) way to end the relationship. You deserve better than this, so bin the present, block him and don't let him back in your life. It will hurt and it will take time but sometime you will find someone better and more deserving of you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending