The Student Room Group

is he worth staying around for? - please help

so I've been 'talking' to this guy since mid-november and he always takes ages to reply - im currently waiting on a reply and its been 4 days. last time he replied after 5 days and the longest its been is 8 (he did apologise for leaving it so long).
I really like him and we have been slowly getting to know each other and when he replies he isn't dry at all, its like the conversation just continues.
he's one of the kindest, smartest people I know and I find him stupidly attractive too.

I wish he'd reply faster I really do because I want to get to know him more - he is quite a busy person with studying and the sport he does but idk if he is just taking ages to reply to subtly hint to me that he doesn't like me?
I also know that lockdown has taken its toll on people and their replies - I can be just as bad with other people so I am a bit of a hypocrite really.

before lockdown 3.0, we used to talk in person quite a lot at the gym/wall and he initiated a few times... and all the body language signs were there too

ugh I really don't know what to do - is he worth staying around for? please help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, 5-8 days means he's not interested
Reply 2
Original post by Krsto
No, 5-8 days means he's not interested

not even as a friend? - cuz really that's what I want, rather than a relationship
if everything else is looking good and its just the replies and he seems apologetic then i think yes? although depends if he is leaving you on delivered or opened
sometimes i end up leaving people on delivered for a while because snapchat can be overwhelming when I'm stressed n stuff but its nothing personal
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
if everything else is looking good and its just the replies and he seems apologetic then i think yes? although depends if he is leaving you on delivered or opened
sometimes i end up leaving people on delivered for a while because snapchat can be overwhelming when I'm stressed n stuff but its nothing personal

its just delivered - we're talking on insta and im also too scared to ask for his snap (I also hate talking on snapchat too)

and honestly replying to people sometimes is really overwhelming
Reply 5
Original post by maddie13
not even as a friend? - cuz really that's what I want, rather than a relationship

I'm not sure, maybe as a friend but depends how long you've known each other I guess. Sometimes good friends won't reply for a while, maybe a couple of days but certainly not for five and not regularly lmao. It's up to u but as a guy I can tell he's not that interested
Reply 6
Original post by Krsto
I'm not sure, maybe as a friend but depends how long you've known each other I guess. Sometimes good friends won't reply for a while, maybe a couple of days but certainly not for five and not regularly lmao. It's up to u but as a guy I can tell he's not that interested

we're known each other for about 7-8 months I think... I've got a few friends who I've known for over a year and one of them has left me on delivered for 5 weeks and another for 2 so 🤷*♀️
its nice to have a guys perspective on this cuz the only people that know I like him are girls lol
Reply 7
Original post by Krsto

the thing is he's even flirted with me a couple times and reciprocated when I've flirted back which thinking about it now is just hella confusing
Reply 8
we're known each other for about 7-8 months I think... I've got a few friends who I've known for over a year and one of them has left me on delivered for 5 weeks and another for 2 so 🤷*♀️
its nice to have a guys perspective on this cuz the only people that know I like him are girls lol

Yeah I guess that's true, sometimes ppl leave u on delivered for longer just coz of personal stuff or whatever and it's no big deal. But guess it depends if he's sending u messages too (like initiating) or is it only u...coz that would be a big sign imo
Reply 9
Original post by Krsto
Yeah I guess that's true, sometimes ppl leave u on delivered for longer just coz of personal stuff or whatever and it's no big deal. But guess it depends if he's sending u messages too (like initiating) or is it only u...coz that would be a big sign imo

a lot of the time he's initiated new conversations following on from the ones that we're having and like brought up some personal stuff and stuff about uni... we are also having like 3-4 different convos all at once in different messages so idk if that's a sign?
Not as a potential hookup or date.
He's probably bored or chatting with a lot of other girls.
Maybe as a sort of online penpal but not if you are looking for a friend that you can rely on.
Reply 11
a lot of the time he's initiated new conversations following on from the ones that we're having and like brought up some personal stuff and stuff about uni... we are also having like 3-4 different convos all at once in different messages so idk if that's a sign?

Ok lol that sounds more promising than ur original post, I'd just see how it goes and if ur getting good vibes then definitely continue to be friends at least. Maybe after lockdown you'll also be able to see him more often
Reply 12
Original post by Krsto
Ok lol that sounds more promising than ur original post, I'd just see how it goes and if ur getting good vibes then definitely continue to be friends at least. Maybe after lockdown you'll also be able to see him more often

yeh ahaha they whole situation is kinda hard to summarise I have to say... I'm possibly seeing him on Monday if he's working/rock climbing when I go to the wall so fingers crossed
the vibes are definitely there, I think he's probs busy and juggling a lot with school and everything

dude ur the best thank you!
Reply 13
yeh ahaha they whole situation is kinda hard to summarise I have to say... I'm possibly seeing him on Monday if he's working/rock climbing when I go to the wall so fingers crossed
the vibes are definitely there, I think he's probs busy and juggling a lot with school and everything

dude ur the best thank you!

Np!

Yeah ur right tbf it will depend on the guy, I was speaking personally like I wouldn't keep a girl waiting that long for a reply if I genuinely liked her but ofc you have actual experience dating guys lol
Reply 14
yeh I know some guys who reply really quickly and then others who take ages!
thank youuuu
Reply 15
Original post by Krsto
Np!

Yeah ur right tbf it will depend on the guy, I was speaking personally like I wouldn't keep a girl waiting that long for a reply if I genuinely liked her but ofc you have actual experience dating guys lol

just fingers crossed it all works out well
Hi Maddie13, if you're really looking for a friendship with him (and feeling mutual) then the delay in his response would not be unusual but perhaps also would not result in your feelings in response to his distance. From my limited experience, he might be feeling some uncertainty about the significance/meaning of your connection, to be brutal not that into you in a romantic sense or busy etc. But the last point rather indicates the middle one as if he was that in to you he would make time for you and you'd be a priority. Personally, and this is a cliché but I'd move on, plenty more out there who will value you, with whom you'll replicate your connection with this one and will want to reply more frequently than 5 days or so.
Reply 17
Ah I see, and yep that's understandable lol. I wouldn't be interested either if it was the other way around
he may just not know what to say due to being coy. The fact that he is replying back to you, indicates there are feelings there. And like you said the messages flow when you do eventually talk. Maybe ask him what takes him long to reply. Tell him you’d like to get to know him better, call him and that might increase the conversations.
He's not interested move on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending