lol9812
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I am 16 in a few months and have started looking at part time jobs, i applied to tesco and iceland today and they didnt ask for my date of birth. I am 15 and have my national insurance number so do you think they will still employ me? As i read somewhere that as soon as you get ur NI number you can work and im basically sixteen anyways ( 15 years and 10 months)
sy!¡
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i used to work at tesco and they only employ people who are 16+

i reckon the same would be for iceland.
lol9812
Rep:
?
(Original post by sy!¡)
i used to work at tesco and they only employ people who are 16+

i reckon the same would be for iceland.
oh right do you not think they would still hire if i have my NI and am nearly 16 anyways?
sy!¡
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by lol9812)
oh right do you not think they would still hire if i have my NI and am nearly 16 anyways?
i doubt they would hire you until you actually turn 16. do you know when the job’s advertising start date is?
sy!¡
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
https://www.tesco-careers.com/faqs/

have a read of this - it says you must be 16 to work at tesco.
lol9812
Rep:
?
(Original post by sy!¡)
i doubt they would hire you until you actually turn 16. do you know when the job’s advertising start date is?
No i dont unfortunately but thanks for your help anyways x
sy!¡
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
No i dont unfortunately but thanks for your help anyways x
no worries x
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi, I am 16 in a few months and have started looking at part time jobs, i applied to tesco and iceland today and they didnt ask for my date of birth. I am 15 and have my national insurance number so do you think they will still employ me? As i read somewhere that as soon as you get ur NI number you can work and im basically sixteen anyways ( 15 years and 10 months)
Like has been said, a lot of companies require you to ACTUALLY be 16.
Quote a few of those (e.g. McDonald's) also require you to be of school leaving age (I.e. The end of June in year 11).
lol9812
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma:-))
Like has been said, a lot of companies require you to ACTUALLY be 16.
Quote a few of those (e.g. McDonald's) also require you to be of school leaving age (I.e. The end of June in year 11).
yeah looks like ill have to wait a few months and year 11 leave in may now
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
yeah looks like ill have to wait a few months and year 11 leave in may now
Year 11 might leave in may now, but employers still won't people on until the end of June.
You can start looking and applying now. By the time you get something it will be the end of June anyway.
Littleemma98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi
Boots take people on from age 15 but will be restricted with what you can & can't do untill 18 but able to do majority of work.
Tesco I believe take you from 16 with similar restrictions untill 18, you'll find most big retailers will do the same but I'm surprised you weren't ask D.O. in application process plus any NI number if any yet.
lol9812
Rep:
?
(Original post by Littleemma98)
Hi
Boots take people on from age 15 but will be restricted with what you can & can't do untill 18 but able to do majority of work.
Tesco I believe take you from 16 with similar restrictions untill 18, you'll find most big retailers will do the same but I'm surprised you weren't ask D.O. in application process plus any NI number if any yet.
i was asked for my NI number just not my date of birth, and thanks ill make sure to keep an eye out for when boots are hiring! x
Littleemma98
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i was asked for my NI number just not my date of birth, and thanks ill make sure to keep an eye out for when boots are hiring! x
Ok

Keep look out on boots jobs as they always advertising for staff especially at present and tip is not to reapply for same job reference number with boots as unable to do so if unsuccessful for a period of 12 months, but system should automatically tell you this anyway. Sign up to boots jobs recruitment on website ok and look for anything within your local area xx

Best of luck on this when you apply xx
lol9812
Rep:
?
(Original post by Littleemma98)
Ok

Keep look out on boots jobs as they always advertising for staff especially at present and tip is not to reapply for same job reference number with boots as unable to do so if unsuccessful for a period of 12 months, but system should automatically tell you this anyway. Sign up to boots jobs recruitment on website ok and look for anything within your local area xx

Best of luck on this when you apply xx
aw thankyou yeah ill keep a look out xx
Littleemma98
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
aw thankyou yeah ill keep a look out xx
Hi
You welcome ok and I do know how boots work as I work there myself part-time as I started there at 15 okay x
Last edited by Littleemma98; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.91%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (31)
16.49%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (31)
16.49%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (28)
14.89%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (50)
26.6%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (35)
18.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise