Uni choice health and social care

Watch this thread
Priscillaxo
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Basically I got an offer from nott Trent and they accepted me but what I didn’t know is that they changed my course from adult nursing to health and social care. I ended up choosing notts as my firm without realising they did that now I’m stuck doing health and social care in uni . I just wanted to ask if anyone knows whether I can change after a year from health and social care to midwifery (which is what I was going to do after studying a I’m adult nursing) instead of doing 3 years of health and social care which is useless to me. Does anyone know if it’s possible?
Last edited by Priscillaxo; 1 year ago
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Priscillaxo)
Basically I got an offer from nott Trent and they accepted me but what I didn’t know is that they changed my course from adult nursing to health and social care. I ended up choosing notts as my firm without realising they did that now I’m stuck doing health and social care in uni . I just wanted to ask if anyone knows whether I can change after a year from health and social care to midwifery (which is what I was going to do after studying a I’m adult nursing) instead of doing 3 years of health and social care which is useless to me. Does anyone know if it’s possible?
1) If you are within 14 of your Firm decision you can still change your mind.
2) Contact NTU - find out why you were rejected from Nursing, and ask about the prospect of switching. They will probably say no as all interviews will have happened already and your PS will be all about Nursing.
3) If you want to do Midwifery, then cancel UCAS for this year, get some caring/NHS experience and apply for Midwifery next year.
4) Don't ever start a degree you know you don't want to do in the hope that you could switch later - what will you do if you then can't switch.
Priscillaxo
Rep:
This was really helpful thank you. I really don’t want to do health and social care so I will change my firm. But I’ve already declined the other offers if I change my firm can I still change it to the foffers I declined. Also if I contact Ntu on Monday do u think I could ask them to consider putting me back on the adult nursing course because there’s nothing else I want to do. (I accepted the offer on the 7th
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
1) I’ve already declined the other offers if I change my firm can I still change it to the foffers I declined.
2)Also if I contact Ntu on Monday do u think I could ask them to consider putting me back on the adult nursing course because there’s nothing else I want to do. (I accepted the offer on the 7th
1) If you are within 14 days of making the 'wrong' decision, you can change your mind - ie reverse that decision and choose again.
2) Not a hope. They offered you the HSC course because you were rejected from Nursing.
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
.... the adult nursing course because there’s nothing else I want to do.
But you want to be a Midwife.
Priscillaxo
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
But you want to be a Midwife.
Yes but originally I was going to complete the adult nursing course then do a 18 month midwifery course. With health and social care I can’t do that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (79)
67.52%
In the post (5)
4.27%
Text (15)
12.82%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (18)
15.38%

Watched Threads