Uni choice health and social careWatch this thread
Basically I got an offer from nott Trent and they accepted me but what I didn’t know is that they changed my course from adult nursing to health and social care. I ended up choosing notts as my firm without realising they did that now I’m stuck doing health and social care in uni . I just wanted to ask if anyone knows whether I can change after a year from health and social care to midwifery (which is what I was going to do after studying a I’m adult nursing) instead of doing 3 years of health and social care which is useless to me. Does anyone know if it’s possible?
2) Contact NTU - find out why you were rejected from Nursing, and ask about the prospect of switching. They will probably say no as all interviews will have happened already and your PS will be all about Nursing.
3) If you want to do Midwifery, then cancel UCAS for this year, get some caring/NHS experience and apply for Midwifery next year.
4) Don't ever start a degree you know you don't want to do in the hope that you could switch later - what will you do if you then can't switch.
1) I’ve already declined the other offers if I change my firm can I still change it to the foffers I declined.
2)Also if I contact Ntu on Monday do u think I could ask them to consider putting me back on the adult nursing course because there’s nothing else I want to do. (I accepted the offer on the 7th
2) Not a hope. They offered you the HSC course because you were rejected from Nursing.