K.HS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm in my third year of university currently on a placement abroad with one year of university left.
The research project here is super interesting but we're very much dependent on the analysts and bioinformaticians upstairs and the one physics expert in the lab. I'm very keen on learning more analytic techniques as well as some coding to be able to bring more to the table in a future research setting. So, I have some questions (answers to any are very much appreciated):

- I'm looking at PhDs in bioinformatics/coding (after some time off to get experience etc ofc); whats a good starting point to learn coding? (R/python seem to be the most sought-after).

- Do you know of any postgraduate opportunities to gain experience in analytics? (Companies/grad schemes etc)

- What are the best online resources to use for analytics? (I do a lot of histochemistry so currently trying to work out quantification etc on FIJI/ImageJ)

I'm still trying to kind of work out whether coding etc is for me and it would be really useful to know anything, so any advice will be appreciated, even if it's opinions/personal experiences on the topic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
10.39%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (50)
64.94%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (11)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (7)
9.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.3%

Watched Threads