Would you date a guy that's only 5'10?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm 5'10 and a lot of girls I know demand a guy they date to be at least 6'3. Therefore I would like to know what the girls here's standards are for height and if they are ok dating a 5'10 guy. I know 5'10 is slightly above the average height of 5'9 but as I said, a lot of girls I know demand a lot taller than that which is why I want to ask it here to see if it's the same here or not.

Please be honest when replying. Don't say you would date someone who's 5'10 if you wouldn't as I want honest responses. Thank you.
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As long as they're taller than me it's fine. 5 10 is actually pretty tall so yes I would date someone who's 5 10
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
100%. im so short myself (5 foot 💀) so i def dont want a tall guy. 5'10 is perfect for me, i dont want a guy to be so much taller and personally height aint a big deal for me, honestly.
Emily5243
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm 5'8 and a half and I would date someone who is your height
Sakuraaaaaa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm 5'10 and a lot of girls I know demand a guy they date to be at least 6'3. Therefore I would like to know what the girls here's standards are for height and if they are ok dating a 5'10 guy. I know 5'10 is slightly above the average height of 5'9 but as I said, a lot of girls I know demand a lot taller than that which is why I want to ask it here to see if it's the same here or not.

Please be honest when replying. Don't say you would date someone who's 5'10 if you wouldn't as I want honest responses. Thank you.
I'm not a girl but i'm 5'8 and i haven't had any issues.

I think it's more about you being taller than the person as opposed to you being 'tall'

obviously, some girls care a lot and need you to be like 6'something but from what i have seen, it isn't as big of a deal for most people
Last edited by Sakuraaaaaa; 4 weeks ago
username5714507
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Honestly? As long as you’re taller than me (for reference I’m 5”5) I couldn’t care less. I wouldn’t actively go out of my way to reserve myself for a guy who’s over 6 foot bc 1) what’s the point and 2) tall girls exist so why would I do that to them
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm only 5ft 2 so as long as ur taller than me who cares
I mean most ppl go for personality and looks so it shouldn't matter much
A_J_B
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Your height is quite good-definitely above average
Most of the girls saying they want a 6'3 guy are probably 4'11 themselves lol-
OctoberRain7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Personally I generally going for shorter but height isn't really that important to me. Everyone has different tastes and height really isn't as important as it's made out to be.
chinesezodiacpig
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

5.10 is pretty tall. I'm 5.1 so it's perfect for me
chinesezodiacpig
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by A_J_B)
Your height is quite good-definitely above average
Most of the girls saying they want a 6'3 guy are probably 4'11 themselves lol-
Lol why are you saying this 🤣

6.3 is too much tho but it's definitely good.
x_cait13_x
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Yes I would date someone who's 5'10 and the height standards for girls is usually taller than us. So, I'm 5'2 so most guys are taller than me but my preference would be 5'8 and taller but I don't know about 6ft and over as my mam is 5'1 and my dad is 6'2 so it is weird seeing them as he is a giant compared to her. But you are fine 5'10 is a really good height in my opinion
Asha_m
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm 6.1 and female, so half the time I'm in a relationship with a guy I'm the one bending down to kiss them, so idrc about height anymore.
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

I am also 5'10
What's the problem here?
Anonymous #4
Report 4 weeks ago
5ft10 is a normal height, it should be OK in general. Generally as long as you are taller than the girl, it is OK.

It might be an issue for some girls though. One of my friends is 5ft3 and she was telling me about a guy she thought was hot who she matched with on tinder. Then when she saw he was 5ft10, she felt he was too short for her.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes.
I date guys of 5'4 and taller.
I'm 5'1 and wear very high heels.
But wouldn't date a guy so much taller than me that I would struggle to kiss him on tiptoe and risk being mistaken for his little sister.
Marvel_fan
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Tbh I’m quite short so I wouldn’t want someone who’s too tall either. I feel like 5’10 is a good height
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Yes.
I date guys of 5'4 and taller.
I'm 5'1 and wear very high heels.
But wouldn't date a guy so much taller than me that I would struggle to kiss him on tiptoe and risk being mistaken for his little sister.
😫😫

Then no way our paths can meet in real life..
ipsabhatt
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
im 5ft 2 so anyone taller than that is chill
username5453336
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
bahahaha
only 5 10
pls thats tall to me

look i see about 50 of these everyday it doesnt matter what those people say because they arent the people you like, they arent the people youre gonna be with and honestly when you find someone you like, height pretty much goes out the window
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
10.26%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (51)
65.38%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (11)
14.1%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (7)
8.97%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.28%

Watched Threads