French or German for GCSE

Watch this thread
unknown86686567
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I chose my GCSE options in February and i had to choose between french and german. I chose french but i think i made a mistake, can you guys tell me which language is easier in terms of reading, writing, speaking and listening, because i can still change my choice. And i hate both of them so that wont matter.
Thank You
Cactus.554
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I guess french is spoken in more places in the world than German.
Does your school do Spanish? I preferred Spanish to french and in general found Spanish easier especially for reading. Never did German.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Damanpreet_Kaur)
I chose my GCSE options in February and i had to choose between french and german. I chose french but i think i made a mistake, can you guys tell me which language is easier in terms of reading, writing, speaking and listening, because i can still change my choice. And i hate both of them so that wont matter.
Thank You
What kind of marks are you getting for the two languages at the moment?

Why do you not enjoy the classes?

Which other GCSEs have you selected?
unknown86686567
Rep:
(Original post by Kerzen)
What kind of marks are you getting for the two languages at the moment?

Why do you not enjoy the classes?

Which other GCSEs have you selected?
I have roughly the same marks for both of them. My french teacher is a really bad teacher and has completely ruined french for me. It's because she cannot actually teach and thinks she can. My german teacher is really good and can make every topic clear but i just dont like languages. And for the other GCSEs, im taking computer science, design technology and for my humanity i have chosen geography
Kerzen
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I have roughly the same marks for both of them. My french teacher is a really bad teacher and has completely ruined french for me. It's because she cannot actually teach and thinks she can. My german teacher is really good and can make every topic clear but i just dont like languages. And for the other GCSEs, im taking computer science, design technology and for my humanity i have chosen geography
I assume then that your total list of GCSEs will be:

Maths
Computer Science
Design Technology

Geography

English Language
English Literature

French or German

Is that correct, are any subjects missing?

Have you had any vague thoughts at this point about A Levels and Uni?
unknown86686567
Rep:
I assume then that your total list of GCSEs will be:

Maths
Computer Science
Design Technology

Geography

English Language
English Literature

French or German

Is that correct, are any subjects missing?

Have you had any vague thoughts at this point about A Levels and Uni?
yes that's the full list along with triple science because its compulsory for us. I am not sure yet about a levels and uni, but for career paths i am thinking of choosing between accounting/finance, medicine or dentistry.
Lo12
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thank You
I chose German over French, and although German was challenging at times, I really enjoyed it. Regardless which one you pick, I highly recommend having a look at Seneca. It really helped me during gcse German
Kerzen
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
yes that's the full list along with triple science because its compulsory for us. I am not sure yet about a levels and uni, but for career paths i am thinking of choosing between accounting/finance, medicine or dentistry.
I would be inclined to suggest that you choose German, having read everything you have said and drawing on my own knowledge of the two languages.

I saw some magazines for language students not long ago, they look good. Your parents might help you to get the German one.

https://maryglasgowplus.com/subscribe/german
unknown86686567
Rep:
I would be inclined to suggest that you choose German, having read everything you have said and drawing on my own knowledge of the two languages.

I saw some magazines for language students not long ago, they look good. Your parents might help you to get the German one.

https://maryglasgowplus.com/subscribe/german
thank you so much, that's really helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.58%
The paper was reasonable (194)
48.74%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.13%
It was TERRIBLE (42)
10.55%

Watched Threads